Mortal Kombat 11

I’m so looking forwards to this one. I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned anywhere on the forum yet.

Interestingly the premium edition on Steam is cheaper than the regular version of the game anywhere else (R 549.00), or even most other new games for that matter. Hard to say no to that.

1 Like

I think it’s because nobody is really interested in fighting games anymore. Especially not younger gamers. I’m still a sucker for a good fighter and indulge in Killer Instinct every so often. Probably my favourite fighter ever, with MK coming in a close second. I was never a huge fan of Street Fighter and the like…

1 Like

I love fighting games! I’ve been playing lots of DOA6 lately. I will probably pick up MK11 when it launches. Maybe I’m getting old but some of the new fatalities make me uncomfortable. Gameplay looks solid though.

1 Like

I felt unconfortable in MK9 already… MK10 made me downright cringe at some of them. Hence my preference for the Injustice series when it comes to subject matter.

1 Like

A more fun MK video!

1 Like

Fun fact: The last Mortal Kombat I play was on SEGA.

1 Like

Played until MK3… the next one I played was MK9.

1 Like

Same here. I played a little bit of 4 but it was so bad it made me lose interest in the franchise almost completely.

I still have mine after all these years. I wonder if they still work.

2 Likes

Ah Genesis boxes …

Oh yeah I played 4 a bit on PC but I also didn’t dig it.

While I am not all that interested in the fighting genre, the Mortal Kombat 11 Beta is now active and live for anyone that has pre-ordered the game

2 Likes

The theme song always gives me chills

1 Like

2 Likes

I played a bit last night, just some tutorials and a fight against the AI. It seems solid so far. It has similar movement and combat to MK9 (I barely played MKX) but I’ll need more time to know for sure. Maybe I’ll try the story mode tonight.

1 Like

My download only finished this morning so I haven’t much time to try it. I’m looking forward to giving it a proper go this evening.

1 Like

Wow the story mode is so freaken good in this game I had to force myself to stop playing.

2 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of posts about microtransactions about the game. Is this a deal breaker for those playing, or another example of the internet blowing something out of proportion?

1 Like

I can’t really comment on that. As far as I know the microtransaction and grinding only really affect the Towers of Time, which I haven’t really looked into and don’t care all that much about. Other than that it’s just cosmetics I think.

1 Like

This game is looking good. By the same people who did Injustice, which I love.

There is a huge story aswell and I recently found this which I watched through. Obviously full spoilers if you watch it so be warned. It’s all 4 hours of cinematics

New story expansion coming.

Warning: Trailer contains spoilers for MK11.

1 Like