3 Likes

the stars of heaven fell . . . as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs
drop

3 Likes

Reference shot of a 15 minute shutter speed under normal conditions:

Previous image: Approximated to be under a minute

3 Likes

2020-09-11T17:51:00Z

Oh dear! I almost forgot to wish the Apocalypse a happy anniversary!

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to receive any kind of radio signal that I can. I need to build some bigger antennae though. I just hope the backup documentation I have made contains this information. I’ll also need to obtain some solar panels. I know where to get some, potentially, but it will be dangerous to try and recover them.

My biggest hope is to be able to make contact with ISS. I doubt I will be able to send any messages, but if I can at least see if they’re transmitting, maybe it can shed some light on what just happened, if not, just to know they are ok. I pray that the brave people up there survived all this. I can’t even imagine what terrible horror they just witnessed.

3 Likes

These are truly dark days, and I mean that literally. Darker than the worst dust storms in the middle of the desert that I have had to live through, allergies and all. Can’t I just remove my sinuses? I am so terrified to think what has happened to all the coastal cities, I can’t even enjoy the new view of the ocean at my doorstep.

I’ve been able to pick up a few weak signals. I am going to try and monitor those channels as best I can, but I am not feeling too hopeful. From the scattered seconds of data I was able to retrieve today, I have been able to come to several conclusions.

First, our planet’s axis has been altered , and I am suspecting our rotation as well. I have no idea if this affected our orbit around the sun, but if our rotation has changed, we’ll certainly have a different amount of days in a year.

Second, seismic activity is off the charts. It isn’t just a few isolated areas, it is the entire planet. I don’t think I have the CPU power to analyse the damage done.

I don’t even want to speculate what the death toll could be.

3 Likes

S̀͟o̵̢̡m̧̧͡e̴̛͢͠t̵̡̕͝h̢̛͏́ì͝͡͏̕ǹ̕͢g̵̷̡͢ ̧͠f̶̢e̛͜͝è̴̕͟l̷̨̢͟s̵̴͜ ̀͜o̴͢͜f̀f̸̢͝

2 Likes

2020-10-20T18:46:00Z

As I sat outside watching for any glimpse of the heavens, I began to wonder if I would see anything. Cloud covered was most the sky. The moon, Jupiter, and Saturn were all visible earlier, but Mars had yet to make an appearance. It was still early then.

Then to my surprise, I noticed a bright light in my right eye. I looked up to it’s usual position, and there was Mars. God of war. The clouds had cleared enough. It is bright. Bright as 2003, months after the United States invaded Iraq.

The clouds made their way across the sky without regard, and the bright planet began to fade in and out, dimmer, then slightly brighter, dim, then when at its clearest and brightest quickly fades out of sight in an instant.

Such will be US victory in Iraq.

3 Likes

2020-11-05T07:37:00Z

So let us recap what is going on right now…

We had two parties, one said “Vote by mail, not in person”, the other said “Don’t vote by mail, vote in person”.

The in person votes were counted first for the most part, from what I’ve read. They are now counting the mail-in ballots. This caused the initial counting to lean heavily towards politician B. Now that they are counting the mail-ins, politician A is getting a massive swing in their direction.

No doubt politician B had this thought out ahead of time, despite the general opinion he’s an idiot. Now he’s flailing around like a child throwing a tantrum. While most don’t believe a single word from his mouth, there is still the possibility he was being sincere when he said he won’t transfer power peacefully…

What will happen next is anybody’s guess, but one thing is certain. We all need to prepare for what’s about to go down in the next 2-3 months…

lady

3 Likes

/̷̢̝͓͙̩̝̭̩͚̹̣̯͇̬̥͎͒͒ͥͩ̾̌̌̈̈́ͭ͌͐ͮͯ̓̕͢/̴̠̦̫̘̬̹̣̪̪̼̙̥͔ͨ̒͗ͨͩ͊r̒ͦͧ͊ͭ̋̉̂ͤ͛͏̶̴̗͈̤̖̲͙̺̱͚̬̭̮̖/̢̟̘̳͔͔̞̱̜͍͙̼͈̝̙̻̇̌ͨ̉ͩ̉̀͛ͬ͗̈̈̾ͩ̿̚̕͝ͅT̶̨̡͇͔̣̜̰͛̈̄̋̎̿͟͞ͅͅr̵̴͗̆́̃̉͂ͯ̓͑̃̈́̆̆̀̔̎ͪ͟҉͉̹̗̝ų̮͍̖̖̬͕̝͍͇̱͚̼̰̺͉̲̻͇̭̿́̈́̇̌ͭ̆ͧ̅̔ͥͧ͒̐̂͛m̡̱̪̙̻̹ͬ͂ͥ͋̑ͫ̅̇̅̈́̋̅̾̀͝p̸̨̤̭͎͑̂ͣ͒͗̃͛͒̈́͒̅̽̔̍͗̊̽͜C̶̸̹͍͎̜̥͌ͤ̌̉̃̄̔̐̂͋̅̂͋͑̈́̎ͮ͢͞͡r̶̡͚̜̝̤͈̻̹̯̯͉͙̼̮͔̰̪̪̣̱ͫͯͣͦ̎̋ͩ̾̇ͨ̈͂̈ͯ̍̀͠i̶̷̧̮̘̮͙̱̰̼̻͔̠̞̺̝̩̗͖ͣ͒̂ͯ̅̋̏͐͑͛ͬͭ͑ͭ͒͛͛ͭͦ́t̾͛ͬͥ̎̄͛ͬ̃̂́͊͌ͫ̆҉͕̱͚̰̭̣̗̩̙̗̝͟ͅi̛͖͕͈̲͎̪̱͎̫̝͔͉̦̞̤̗͇̻̽̍̍̆̔̒̒͂ͬͤ̓̽̿ͩ͛̌͆̀̚͞ͅc̨̣̙̥̭͕̥͓͎̣̱̼͕̜̓̾ͪ̑̌͊ͧͧ̆̚̚̚͠i̝̺͎̘̪̲̦̜̤̪̪̲͍͖͚̜̞̫̒ͮ̽͗ͪͧ̔̎ͬ̃͐͂̈̓ͤ͂͘z̴͚̗͕̙͙̱̯̬̮͓̥̹̝̫͔͓̠̮̬̽̓̌ͧ̊̿̓͋͠e̹͙̮̝̰̜̝͕̼̻̩̹̹͊͒̆ͨͤ͊ͥ͒͒̾̇̐ͦ̎́͛͢s̸̘͙̘̬̙̲̭̹̒ͥ͐̈̈́͗̽̅͊ͩ̓͗̂ͣͩ̀̕̕T͊̇ͨ̓̃̅͋̆̕͏̢̼̦̣̭̱̝͈̙͈̖͎̭̣͎̤͙͢͠ͅr̸̩̥̫̝̼̠̥̙̣̲̭͔̣̃͗̽͌ͫ̾̎ͤ̆͂̽͂́͠ư̷̧̡̲̭̜͇̩̩̥ͪ̅̿̂͌ͪ͐̑̍͌̎̇̉̑͛͊̑͢ͅͅm̸̵͙̰̞̬̩͍͙͙͇͍͚͇̰̳̓ͥͦ͌͐̾̃̾͂ͫͩ͊̽ͤ͘͝p̘̬͇̮͙͖̔̍̈́ͧͯ̊ͤͫ͒ͬ̿̇ͮ͋ͮ̃̀͝ͅ/̨͇̱̲̮̫̰̼̂ͬ̾̒͗̈́̀̓ͦ͛͘͝

donethat

3 Likes

2021-01-06T23:09:00Z

Well that was fun. I’m a little underwhelmed, but that might just be me used to seeing brawls in local parliament.

3 Likes

2021-01-18T18:46:00Z

Quote of the day:
“In ten years time, when the antichrist is making his reign, farming skills will be a necessity for us”

2 Likes

We went without power for about 26 hours. Not a record by any means, but certainly not a fun situation. I didn’t want to go into withdrawal, and I also needed to get food. I was unable to cook anything, so at the 20 hour point, I ventured to the nearest remnant of civilization to get what I needed.

I walked into the entrance of a food distribution center, and there was no one visible at first glance. I took it upon myself to take the necessary hygiene requirements, while noticing the other entrance that is usually manned was also empty.

I took a look at the flashing propaganda on the wall. All I could see from the patterns and speed at which it cycled was that it was designed to herd people in and out in a fast orderly fashion. Fortunately, all their visual techniques don’t work on me, they have the opposite effect. They piss me off. And that’s when someone came out of the darkness up to the other side of a plexiglass window.

The employee asked me if I have decided yet. I responded, “No, these signs are irritating me.”

I continue to scan for any semblance of what my next meal ticket would look like, but whenever I see something I think would be a good source of nutrients, it disappears before I can gather more information. I must be wired wrong, because something designed to get people to make fast, rash decisions ends up making me do the exact opposite.

The employee comes out from behind the plastic wall and says the person who knows how to use the self service machine isn’t here right now, and seemed to be insisting that I should use it. She went on about the absent employee while constantly pointing at the machine, but I couldn’t make heads or tails of what she was talking about.

I honestly don’t want to use those machines. The person on duty sanitises them properly, so it normally wouldn’t be a problem, but… she’s not there. I’m not touching one today, thanks. Although on the other hand, it would be nice to use a SELF SERVICE machine without someone standing over your shoulder telling you “The machine is wrong”. And seriously, that’s no way to talk about your overlords!

“That won’t be necessary”, I let her know. “I am paying in physical tenders so I’ll just tell you what I want”. It took a bit of patience, but she finally stopped pointing at the machine and went back to the till.

“I’ll get a double protein and a few extra carbs please”. I don’t understand the blank looks I kept getting. She seemed to have no clue as to what the machines are offering that day. I could see confusion in her eyes as she punched in my order to what appeared to be a smaller version of the self-service machine. I did also get a fix of caffeine added on instead of whatever sugarless crap they don’t charge extra for that usually comes with.

I kept a very close eye on all the charges for extra carbs and my migraine prevention liquid, so I knew how it all broke down. After finishing my carbs, I opened up the protein to find it was a single. I took it back showing them my receipt where I paid for a double, and some other people came out of nowhere, took my receipt, and started running around. I complied when they asked me to stand away from other people who hopefully weren’t getting screwed over like I was. The woman I was talking to this time tells me I need to pay for the second piece of protein.

“Excuse me? You can’t tell me I must pay for a piece that I have already paid for!”. She could see I wouldn’t budge on this, but rather than admit she got caught red handed, she said, “Alright, I’ll pay for it then.”

Bullcrap, nobody is paying anything because it has already been paid. My BS detector was going through the roof, but after the situation had calmed down, the detector did not.

Also, why don’t these people have name badges? That is standard issue with food distribution staff. No… I know the staff are usually incompetent here, but this is like a whole other level.

Is this a food heist? It seems to add up. They tried to avert my attention to the self-service machines which kept my back turned to where the other people would eventually show up. People involved in a heist would want to keep the public from becoming suspicious, and think “why not scam a few bucks off some guy who’s clearly not as smart as we are?”

There’s only one course of action.
First, chug the caffeine.
Second, hold the protein out at arms length to the nearest person until they take it.
Third, stutter, “K-k-k-ke-e-eep-p t-t-t-h-e-e ch-ch-ch-ange”
And finally burn up those carbs you just ate to bolt for the nearest unattended door!

4 Likes

Glad to see you managed to secure sufficient sustenance to be fortified and strong enough to be able to share this absolutely legendary episode with us. :grinning:

3 Likes

My deepest apologies if any of the above are stock footage. Online resources have become scarce, and often unreliable.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, what am I suppose to be looking at here?

Nice data centre and all.

3 Likes

T̶h̶e̴ ̷d̵a̸t̷a̷ ̶c̵e̸n̷t̸e̸r̶s̷ ̸a̶r̴e̷ ̶u̴n̸d̸e̴r̷ ̷t̴h̶e̵ ̶c̷o̷n̵t̸r̷o̶l̶ ̵5̸ ̸c̸o̶m̷p̴a̴n̷i̵e̴s̶ ̴n̶o̴w̶.̶ ̴ ̸T̵h̵e̶y̷ ̷a̴r̸e̵ ̴j̴u̴s̶t̴ ̴t̵h̶e̷ ̶i̴n̸f̸r̷a̶s̴t̷r̴u̵c̴t̵u̶r̶e̴.̷ ̸5̷ ̴o̴t̸h̸e̷r̵s̴ ̵u̸s̸e̵ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̷i̷n̵f̵r̶a̴s̸t̷r̶u̴c̵t̶u̸r̵e̸.̷ ̵
̶
̶T̵w̶o̵ ̴f̵e̴e̶t̵.̵
̴
̶1̸0̸ ̷t̴o̸e̷s̸.̶
̶
̷M̴u̴s̶t̶ ̶k̷e̶e̷p̵ ̸m̸o̵v̴i̵n̶g̸.̷ ̵I̶’̶l̷l̵ ̵m̵e̵e̶t̵ ̸u̵p̸ ̶w̷i̵t̵h̷ ̸y̵o̴u̷ ̵c̸l̷o̴s̷e̸r̴ ̴t̵o̸ ̵t̴h̵e̵ ̴e̶n̶d̸.̷

3 Likes

2021-03-27T20:32:00Z

That was loud. Seriously loud. I’ve experienced mild earthquakes, even heard some beefier ones 6500km off. I’ve lost a good two to three weeks worth of crops tonight.

There’s no way. Where did this come from? I get used to ignoring all hail warnings from the insurance company, but when there is a hail storm? Nothing.

Not that it changes anything, I would have ignored it anyways. Besides, I am happy for it. Roller coasters go up, and roller coasters go down. The real question is which is up, and which is down?

Regardless, after refusing to continue with medication that was causing depression, my chemical balance has been like a series of rubber bands and mechanical switches in a pinball machine.

Damn straight I’m making a snow angel.

3 Likes

2021-06-09T06:03:00Z

As I walked into our daily meeting, it was obvious everyone could see the look of misery on my face. Someone asked how I am doing today.

“Whaaa…” I started to stretch my words, trying to avoid speaking the truth. I could see everyone looking at each other, not knowing what to expect. “It is Wednesday, my dudes.”

3 Likes

Sometimes, you can just feel what the creation of light must have looked like.

2 Likes