New GRID

Codemaster has announced a new Grid title.

This will be the first new entry err... welll technically a reboot of the Grid series since Grid Autosport that appeared last on the PS3/360 generation of Consoles.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/a-new-grid-is-coming/
3 Likes

And only R329 on Steam. Awesome

1 Like

Players will choose their vehicle from GT, Touring, Stock, Muscle Cars, Super-Modified and more, and take part in different types of races: Circuit, Street Racing, Oval, Hot Laps, Point-to-Point and World Time Attack.

One of the top drivers of F1, Endurance and Stock Racing, Fernando Alonso, who will also appear in the game, has joined the development team as a Race Consultant. Players will be able to participate in a series of competitive events against some of Fernando Alonso e-sports team members, FA Racing , in different racing formats. During the grand finale, they will face the former world champion in his famous Renault R26.

/insert happy dance

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/codemasters-announces-a-new-grid-game-to-be-released-on-september-13th-2019/

2 Likes

Oh, and GRID 2 is free for today on Steam - add it to your library before 7:00pm tonight. https://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/GRID_2/

1 Like

If it is anything like grid 1 and 2 then i can’t wait.

2 Likes

Will he also have a chance not to qualify in that grand finale :smiley:

3 Likes

I didn’t really like Grid. I couldn’t handle the cars.

1 Like

I love the Grid series! I’ve completed Grid 1 and 2 and got quite far in Autosport. I also completed Dirt Showdown and Dirt 3 and recently started playing Dirt 4. I love Codemasters’ racing games…

2 Likes

Do you play with v-sync on or off? I’ve found Codemasters racers handle much better with v-sync off.

1 Like

I never really paid attention to v-sync. I can check on Dirt Rally which I do have installed.

If it’s anything like GRID and Autosport, I’m in

1 Like

Grid and F1 2019 are both only R329! I love it! I remember paying that for old Sierra adventure games!

2 Likes

One month release delay announced yesterday, for reasons :roll_eyes:

The release date GRID has now moved to 11th October for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Buyers of the Ultimate Edition will still receive three days’ early access, being able to play GRID from 8th October… the change has been made to give added exposure to a game we’re hugely excited about.

Still looks very purdy though…

1 Like

September has some big releases so moving to a less crowded window is probably for the better

2 Likes

First batch of cars confirmed for the game (- Class):

• Auto Gallery Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) – Tuner
• Audi RS 3 LMS – Touring
• Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept – Stock *

• Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified – Stock
• Chevrolet Corvette C7.R – GT
• Dodge Challenger SRT Modified – Stock
• Ferrari 488 GTE – GT

• Ford Focus TC-2 – Touring
• Ford Mustang Mach 1 Modified – Stock
• Pontiac Firebird Modified – Stock *
• Porsche 911 RSR – GT
• Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR – Touring

*Ultimate Edition exclusives

And a first look at a brand new street circuit location in Havana, Cuba:

2 Likes

You had me at Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)

2 Likes

This game looks pretty darn good! I know it will lean more towards the arcady type racer than simulation, and will probably wait for sale on this one. Saying that it is on my wishlist!

1 Like

Just watched the video… Points for overtaking and drafting means too arcade for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Love my arcade racing games will try it out.

2 Likes

I get that. I love the “realism” in Forza Motorsport, the F1 20xx games, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally even. But I’m with waco on this - there’s a definite place in my library for arcade-ish driving games as well. Love me some Forza Horizon, NFS and The Crew just to be able to drive without worrying too much about the technicalities of it all.

The GRID games have tended to slot inbetween, sort of “simcade” I suppose. Lots of gamification of things - points for overtaking for eg - with a dose of real tracks and reasonably realistic driving mechanics. This one is already in my library - yeah, I pre-ordered a game. Burn me at the stake.

2 Likes