NEW MEW Racing League

I have been playing quite a bit of F1 22 lately, mostly due to a friend who wanted to play. I like the F1 games but they are severely lacking in online polish. But I love the banter and the fellowship during races.

However, F1 absolutely SUCKS at hosting any form of league or well managed race event. I tried to join a locally organised race and it was an exercise in utter patience.

And that got me reminiscing about the previous leagues we had here at MEW. The original F1 leagues, the AC races, and shall we never forget, the Corona Cup!

I remember clashes, silverware, and friendships built in fire. I remember Zandvoort Turn 3. I remember the Australian F1 MULTIPLE times.

And I am tired of reminiscing about the “good old days”! So I will make new memories and want to invite you all to join me!

No proper project begins without a survey :wink:

When, what and how do we do this? And who wants to join in!? Depending on interest, I am willing to drive this mission forward (LOL pun) and host a server (with backup power) for when we need it.

Do you want to see a MEW Racing League?

• Yes, start my engine!
  • No thanks.
  • Thats a solid maybe.

0 voters

Which day of the week suits you best for a regular online race? Keep in mind most races will be at 8 or later due to IRL.

• Mondays
  • Tuesdays
  • Wednesdays
  • Thursdays
  • Fridays
  • Saturdays
  • Sundays

0 voters

Which games do you own that you want to race in?

• Assetto Corsa
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Automobilista 2
  • BeamNG
  • F1 21
  • F1 22
  • Grid Autosport
  • Grid Legends
  • Project Cars 1
  • Project Cars 2
  • Project Cars 3
  • QWOP
  • Raceroom
  • rFactor 2
  • Wreckfest
  • Other - list in the comments

0 voters

What is you favourite racing class?

• GT Racing (GT4, GT3)
  • Prototype (LMP1)
  • Touring Cars
  • Open Wheel (F1, F2, Vormula V)
  • Rally
  • Drift
  • It has wheels, right?

0 voters

2 Likes

With the doggo’s rehab still requiring babysitting, my attendance initially might be spotty. I’ll join as I can, at first. Later on, I’ll join more properly.

3 Likes

There’s also the loadshedding situation. But I suppose, first find willing participants. Does it have to be a “league”, or can it just be random races?

Also, casual drifting, sure. But, actual competitive drifting? I can’t consistent hit those zones at all.

3 Likes

Can be random for sure, but regular timing. We dont have to have championship points

3 Likes

Silly me forgot to make the results public so I can see who voted what… Guess thats optional and I wont hound you by name in the future :wink:

2 Likes

Would love to participate to some degree but sadly I do not believe many of those, if any, are cross-play enabled.

2 Likes

I know F1 22 is, and I believe the newer Grid game might be. Then there are also games like Forza releasing soon which will be cross-play on Microsoft devices.

2 Likes

QWOP! :smiley:

3 Likes

You know that I’m there for anything that I can get to.

We definitely need to keep an eye on the new Forza Motorsport release as well - that’ll be a big plus with lots of potential for the MEWRL - PC and Xbox, Game Pass, multiple categories, (hopefully) decent club and league system.

Also would be interesting to see a two-wheel title added to the mix maybe? One of the MotoGP editions or a Ride game? Just not sure what the multiplayer and league system are like. If there’s enough interest, I’ll have a look, but that can come later. Let’s get something going that as many who can get involved with, and then we can dabble in the odd things every now and then. Like Wreckfest for a solid laugh!

4 Likes

We could do our own failrace the flood!

3 Likes

Love this idea! It’s always bothered me that @Wyvern is such a big racis racing enthusiast but doesn’t partake. I’d love to do soe games where it’s not all clean racing lines and set ups.

3 Likes