Nvidia Reveals its New GPU Flagship - the GeForce RTX 4090

GeForce RTX 4090

Coming 12 October. Pricing starts at $1599. That’s about R30 000 (excluding shipping, import duties and taxes). :exploding_head:

The NVIDIA® GeForce RTX® 4090 is the ultimate GeForce GPU. It brings an enormous leap in performance, efficiency, and AI-powered graphics. Experience ultra-high performance gaming, incredibly detailed virtual worlds, unprecedented productivity, and new ways to create. It’s powered by the NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture and comes with 24 GB of G6X memory to deliver the ultimate experience for gamers and creators.

There’s also an RTX 4080 releasing at the same time. Much more affordable at only $1199. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ya no, stupid pricing but because Nvidia saw that people are willing to pay through the nose during while the supply was short and demand high, they’re not going to waste the opportunity.

3 Likes

The lower RAM model of the 4080 sells from $899. Sounds better but that used to be the top of the line model pricing.

2 Likes

I’ve read comments that the 12GB version is essentially the new 4070…

5 Likes

yup. that and theres no non-rtx data available…makes you wonder what they’re hiding.

From the sound of it AMD’s RDNA3 cards are gonna mop the floor with Nvidia in the mid range and in efficiency.

3 Likes

Regardless, I’m skipping this generation. My RTX3080 is still perfectly fine and will last me some time still.

3 Likes

Still on my 1080ti, so I am intrigued…

1 Like

1 Like

Since I game at 1440p and don’t foresee this increasing much anytime soon, this percentage increase does not justify the price difference:

2 Likes

These cards are overkill for anything less than 4K anyway. For 1440p a 3060ti is perfectly capable, especially with the magic of DLSS and FSR these days.

2 Likes

That said, DLSS3 looks to be mighty impressive:

The good news is that the midrange 40 series cards will also benefit from DLSS3, when they eventually release.

1 Like

I think the biggest improvement would be for PCVR. Being able to run games like MSFS with ultra settings with high levels of super sampling on a high resolution HMD at 90+ FPS has been pretty much unachievable. Even my “monster” RTX 3080 struggles to maintain 40 FPS at a mix of medium/high settings with no super sampling on my Quest 2…

2 Likes

Well for a cool R50k you can have that cake and eat it! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I am pushing triples!!! I need mo powa!

2 Likes

“Unlaunch” button pushed on the RTX 4080 12gb.

3 Likes

First the 4090ti and now the 4080 12GB. Not a good launch for Nvidia this generation…

3 Likes

Great cards but horrible pricing.

1 Like