Octopath Traveler, a new RPG for Switch

Eight travelers. Eight adventures.
Eight roles to play in Octopath Traveler, a brand-new RPG for Nintendo Switch, available July 13th.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/octopath-traveler-switch

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to this. Loved the demo!

1 Like

I wanted to create a thread for it and see now that there’s already one. Have any of you played it?

I played the demo and wouldn’t mind giving the full game a bash.

I haven’t picked it up yet, sorry.

Went looking for a video review and found a blast from the past…

Take it from whence it comes… Looking at the aggregate review scores, critic impressions of Octopath are overwhelmingly positive.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing quite a bit over the last two weeks and I’m enjoying it a lot more than I did initially. At first I thought the combat was simplistic and the only thing I liked about it was that it looked pretty. The further in you get the more complex it becomes and I hope it can keep that up.

It’s a very long game and it will be interesting to see if it can keep me interested until I finish it. I’ve never been a big fan of JRPG’s but we’ll see how things go.

4 Likes

I started this last night. Only did the intro chapter for my chosen hero and then played up to where I met a second hero. Will continue today and do the second hero’s intro chapter. So far I do enjoy it but I think the turn based combat is going to get to me. I’ve never been a fan of JRPG’s either (or turn based combat), but after really enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I’m willing to give more JRPG’s a proper chance.

1 Like