Offbeat . . . Off Topic

Toshiba and Western digital makes the most reliable drives imo, will never buy a seagate, i went for this drive because it is only R40 more than the 2tb WD Blue but the WB blue is only a 5400 rpm drive (compared to this 7200rpm one) and all current WD Blue drives are essentially the old economy WD green drives that western digital has relabeled as their blue line.

1 Like

Kewl I added it to my wishlist, will grab it as soon as I can

Do you have more failures with Seagates?

My experience is the opposite interestingly.

seagateā€™s just have a higher failure rate from experience and in general

2 Likes

That was an interesting read. I will avoid those 4Tb drives for sure.

The best hdd Iā€™ve ever had is an old 160gb Samsung. Its around 10 years old, survived 3 PCs that got trashed by lightning and still lives on in my ladyā€™s pc. What a legend.

1 Like

thats why i went with a 2tb, 4tb drives are only about R400 more but their reliability is highly questionable, i always avoid seagate drives and hitachi drives, only had one samsung 1,5tb fail on me about 6 years ago, western digital drives they tend to start giving errors when they are on their way out but they dont crash the heads like seagate drives (the only unreliable western digital drives i have ever had was the old 40 gig wd400 drives from the late 90ā€™s back in the pentium 3 days, those and the hitachi deskstars where the shittest drives ever

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna be thrashed! Then we have a match against the juniors on the Thursday. But ya, Iā€™d say its a good thing overall. Pushes my limits (off a massive cliffā€¦ to my demiseā€¦)

2 Likes

hahahaha as long as you have fun doing it!

I just spent a bunch of money at a chinese supermarket

1 Like

I love these!
https://www.chinesesupermarket.co.za/product/egg-noodles/

Thankfully Spar carries them.

1 Like

is that the one in the corner close to pet world and cash crusaders

Jup thats them. Really impressed, the last time I was there was over 2 years ago and they didnt have this selection.

The other one is just across the n1 Mun Fong Chinese Supermarket CC they are a bit more dodgy tho

These guys have a bigger selection - I got 3 different kind of noodles and even more ramen. I wanted to get Miso as well but completely forgot - now I have an excuse to go back - now tho if I get you as my ss you will get ramen!

1 Like

Woohoo! And if they have huy fong sriracha, Iā€™m all out!

Edit: That goes out to anyone who might get me as SS

1 Like

what does the bottle look like? I know they had shelves of sauces

Oh wait those I saw at yuppiechef :smiley: So yea if I am your ss you get all the ramen and sriracha

1 Like

Gonna go get chinese for dinner after work! Mmmā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunately, the yuppiechef ones are knockoffs. The huy fong ones have the rooster on the bottle.

1 Like

How it mewzers , Iā€™m back in the land of the Internets and suck traffic and weather!
Moza was amazing!

2 Likes

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend

1 Like

Hi everyone. Iā€™m back from Zanzibar. Didnā€™t want to come back but alas, I guess I had to.

How was everything here?

6 Likes