Xbox Game Pass

Play it! Such an awesome relaxing game

3 Likes

I want to try it again but it was the first game I ever requested a refund for on Steam. I liked the concept but I just did not enjoy playing it.

1 Like

They have constantly been fixing bugs, its still the same game but i love it.

Are all xbox games on PC? That was a balmer thing, wasn’t it?

1 Like

No, I don’t think so. Certainly not all as in a historical all. Going forward, it’s probably an approach that all the 1st-party Xbox Game Studios have been tasked to take though. So, old games, some not all. New games, most but not necessarily all if not from XGS developer.

There are a lot of Play Anywhere titles now - these are games that are playable natively on either Xbox or PC, with progress being shared.

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-play-anywhere/games

Theoretically though, if your Xbox console and PC are on the same network, you could use the Xbox Companion App to stream any Xbox game to your PC. I don’t think it works the other way though.

What’s up with the embed links recently? Always used to get Xbox / MS Store links embedding properly.

4 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

05 July - 19 July

A new month and with all the host of summer game show events in the rearview mirror now, Xbox Game Pass gets back onto its regular schedule of twice montly additions to the Game Pass libraries. Here’s the first set for this month…

Peppa Pig!!! PAW Patrol!!! Wee ones rejoice!

ICYMI: Recently Added to Game Pass

• House Flipper (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    This is where your interior design imagination meets gaming! Reach for your best decor, furnishing, and color scheme ideas. As a professional flipper, you’ll be met with tons of makeover opportunities, clients with sublime requirements, and a handful of tools suitable for every job.

Available Today: Tuesday, 05 July

• Last Call BBS (PC) ID@Xbox - Day One Release
    Boot up your Z5 Powerlance and dial into Last Call BBS, the last game from Zachtronics! The Barkeep’s loaded up his retro computer with a full set of puzzle games for you to download and play. No need to worry about copy protection, they’re all fully cracked and ready to enjoy.

• Yakuza 0 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    The glitz, glamour, and unbridled decadence of the 80s are back in Yakuza 0. Play as Kazuma Kiryu, a low-ranking yakuza, who gets caught in a world of trouble when a simple debt collection goes wrong. Then, step into the silver-toed shoes of Goro Majima and explore his “normal” life as the proprietor of a cabaret club.

• Yakuza Kiwami (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    1995, Kamurocho. Kazuma Kiryu, the Dragon of Dojima, takes the fall for the murder of a crime boss to protect his sworn brother, Akira Nishikiyama, and his childhood friend, Yumi. Experience the story that kicked off the legendary Yakuza series, with all the drama, action, and hilarious minigames you’d expect.

• Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    An assassination threatens to erupt an all-out war between the Tojo Clan and the Omi Alliance. Kazuma Kiryu, the Dragon of Dojima, must travel to Sotenbori, Osaka to broker peace between the rival clans, but Ryuji Goda, the Dragon of Kansai, will stop at nothing to get his war.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 07 July

• DJMax Respect V (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    DJMax Respect V is the latest installment from the creators of the critically acclaimed rhythm game franchise DJMax. Experience tracks from popular artists such as Marshmello, Porter Robinson, and Yukika, exclusive Full HD Music Videos, online multiplayer, new game modes, and more!

• Matchpoint: Tennis Championships (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox - Day One Release
    Matchpoint: Tennis Championships is a modern take on tennis, featuring a true-to-life on-court experience supported by a deep career mode and unique rivalry system. The game places a strong focus on tactical realism, positioning and aiming, allowing the player to move their superstar in exactly the right way to get the most out of their shots.

• Road 96 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    On this risky road trip to the border, you’ll meet incredible characters, and discover their intertwined stories and secrets in an ever-evolving adventure. But every mile opens a choice to make. Your decisions will change your adventure, change the people you meet, maybe even change the world.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 14 July

• Escape Academy (Console and PC) ID@Xbox - Day One Release
    You’ve just arrived at Escape Academy, a school where promising students train to become the ultimate Escapist. Play over a dozen masterfully hand-crafted rooms, designed by experienced experts in the field of real-life escape rooms.

• My Friend Peppa Pig (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Start a fun-filled adventure with Peppa Pig! Create your character, ring the doorbell, and step into the TV show. Peppa suggests activities everywhere you go, from the Museum to Potato City. Help find Daddy Pig’s glasses, follow forest tracks, splash in muddy puddles, and more. Every playtime is different!

• Overwhelm (PC) ID@Xbox
    You’re outnumbered, low on ammunition and the paranoia sets in. Overwhelm is an action horror-world platformer where enemies get power ups and you don’t. Explore the oppressive caverns of the hive, guided only by a sparse map. As you defeat each of the five unique bosses, their abilities get distributed to the enemies of the world with escalating difficulty.

• PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    A big city means a bigger adventure! When Ryder and the PAW Patrol learn that Mayor Humdinger has taken over a buzzing metropolis, they must race into action to save Adventure City from his selfish scheming. The pups need you to join Team PAWsome!

• PowerWash Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC) - Day One Release
    Release the pressure with PowerWash Simulator and wash away your worries with the soothing sounds of high-pressure water. Fire up your power washer and blast away every speck of dirt and grime you can find. Lose yourself to the simple satisfaction of power-washing to a sparkling finish.

Leaving Soon: Friday, 15 July

• Atomicrops (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Carrion (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Children of Morta (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Cris Tales (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lethal League Blaze (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Next Coming Soon to Game Pass announcement should be on Tuesday, 19 July

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass - Trailers Edition

House Flipper

Last Call BBS

Yakuza Kiwami

DJMax Respect V

Matchpoint: Tennis Championships

Road 96

Escape Academy

My Friend Peppa Pig

Overwhelm

PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls

PowerWash Simulator

1 Like

Some interesting new additions. I’m keen on giving the tennis a go, it’s been ages since playing a decent tennis game. Hopefully it can live up to the legend that is Virtua Tennis.

Last Call BBS looks intriguing, Zachtronics have released some solid games in the past. DJMax purely for the music, and Escape Academy for some chilled gaming.

Now just to find the time in between all the load shedding.

3 Likes

My kids would freak out if they were to see Peppa Pig.

3 Likes

My boy is a HUGE Peppa fan and the game interested him for all of 20 minutes. There’s really not much to do other than walk left and right through the scenes. It’s little more than controlling a custom character that walks around with Peppa.

2 Likes

Well, our girls don’t play games yet… so they’ll just be excited to see it on my screen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How old are they again? My boy started playing end of last year, shortly after he turned 3. You’d be surprised how quickly they learn to play. I started with the Switch Lite then on to PC using my XBOX One controller. I’m teaching him to use keyboard and mouse now as well.

3 Likes

The twins turned 3 last week. We are however limiting their screen time these days. We’ve noticed that since we’ve taken their tablets away (used just for Youtube), they’ve been sleeping a lot better with less fighting to go to bed and they wake up later.
I’ll maybe see what they do with a controller over the weekend as I myself don’t play during the week.

4 Likes

So much like a mobile game?

1 Like

I think even most mobile games are more interactive than the Peppa Pig game. The Paw Patrol and PJ Masks games are good introductions to platforming, as they are easy to control and you can’t fail a level. My boy started with than on Steam and moved on to the Lego games. He also plays Kirby Star Allies, Mario Kart 8 and a bit of Minecraft on Switch. On Steam he also loves Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (on easy mode).

2 Likes

Some info on what Last Call BBS is about.

3 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Because it’s already a few days past mid-month, we get a rare Monday announcement of new additions to the Game Pass libraries. Just few games to get through to the end of the month, but some really nice additions amongst them!

ICYMI: Available Now

• Garden Story (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    Relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor in this charming action-RPG starring Concord the grape. As the newest guardian of The Grove, it is your duty to rebuild the village and uncover the story of its hidden past. Forage resources, combat the invasive Rot, and restore the community!

• Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox
    Discover the shattered world of Solasta: explore ruins and dungeons for legendary treasures, learn the truth of an age-old cataclysm – and stop it from happening again. Tailor your squad to your preferred strategy and maximize your party’s abilities in classic tabletop RPG tradition. The choice is yours.

Coming Soon: Tuesday, 19 July

• As Dusk Falls (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Day One Release
    As Dusk Falls is an original interactive drama from Interior/Night that explores the entangled lives of two families across thirty years. Starting in 1998 with a robbery-gone-wrong in small town Arizona, the choices you make have a powerful impact on the characters’ lives in this uncompromising story of betrayal, sacrifice and resilience. Drive the lives and relationships of multiple characters in a decades-spanning story told across two intense books.

• Watch Dogs 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Play as Marcus Holloway, a brilliant young hacker living in the birthplace of the tech revolution, the San Francisco Bay Area. Explore a massive and dynamic open world offering an incredible variety of gameplay possibilities. Launch the Hack of the Century and give freedom back to whom it belongs: the people.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 21 July

• MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Engines running: give the green light to the most immersive and authentic MotoGP gaming experience ever. More than 120 riders, over 20 official circuits and all the excitement of the official championship are waiting for you. Virtual and real have never been so near in MotoGP 22!

• Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (PC) ID@Xbox
    Command a space-faring empire in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, the new stand-alone expansion that combines 4X depth with real-time strategy gameplay.

• Torment: Tides of Numenera (Cloud and Console)
    Explore Earth one billion years in the future in the science-fantasy setting of Numenera. Discover the Ninth World built on the bones of extinct, hyper-advanced civilizations and leave your own mark on it. Make thousands of essential choices, face the consequences, and meet death incarnated as you seek the answer to the ultimate question: What does one life matter?

Coming Soon: Friday, 29 July

• Inside (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    Discover Playdead’s unique indie adventure game Inside, a dark, narrative-driven platformer combining intense action with challenging puzzles. It has received critical acclaim for its moody art style, ambient soundtrack, and unsettling atmosphere.

Leaving Soon: Sunday, 31 July

• Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Omno (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The next Game Pass announcement should be on Tuesday, 02 August.

2 Likes

INSIDE is a simply amazing game! Weird and dark and relatively short and easy. But sooo good!

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

New month, new Game Pass games. Here’s the additions for the first half of August.

Available Today: Tuesday, 2 August

• Ghost Recon Wildlands (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Create a team with up to three friends to experience Ghost Recon Wildlands, the ultimate third-person military shooter set in a massive, dangerous, and responsive open world. The Ghosts, a US Special Forces team, are tasked to combat the Santa Blanca cartel and save Bolivia from collapse. You decide how to play, and every decision affects the world around you.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 4 August

• Shenzhen I/O (PC) ID@Xbox
    An open-ended programming puzzle game that challenges players to build circuits using a variety of components. Inspired by real-world electronics engineering, the game takes players on a journey to a near-future Shenzhen, the electronics manufacturing capital of the world.

• Turbo Golf Racing (Cloud, PC, Series X|S) ID@Xbox Day One Release
    Turbo Golf Racing is an arcade-style sports racing game for up to eight players online. Drive, boost, jump, flip, and fly your turbo-powered car. Slam into oversized golf balls. Race your friends in an explosive dash to the finish flag.

Coming Soon: Tuesday, 9 August

• Two Point Campus (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    Available on day one with Game Pass: Build the university of your dreams with Two Point Campus, the sim with a twist from the makers of Two Point Hospital. Build, hire staff, and run an academic institution packed with wild courses.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 11 August

• Cooking Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Play one of the best cooking games! Take control of a highly polished, realistic kitchen equipped with all kinds of utensils and stands. Unlock and master over 80 recipes or use dozens of lifelike ingredients to cook everything you like. A simulator spiced up with a dash of real-life physics!

• Expeditions: Rome (PC)
    Determine the destiny of Rome as you conquer foreign lands and navigate political intrigue in this turn-based RPG. Directly fight with your party of Praetorians, guide your legion to victory, and choose your own path in a story where every decision matters. How will you shape the future of Rome?

Offworld Trading Company (PC) ID@Xbox
Mars has been colonized. Now, Earth’s greatest corporate titans have been invited to build companies to support it. The competition to dominate the market is fierce in this fast-paced economic RTS.

Leaving Soon: Monday, 15 August

Boyfriend Dungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Library of Ruina (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Starmancer (Game Preview) (PC)
Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The next Game Pass update should happen on Tuesday, 16 August.

1 Like

Nice!

Turbo Golf Racing looks like it could be some silly fun.

Another Ubisoft game added, I’m keen to give Wildlands a go for some co-op action. There’s rumour that Immortals Fenyx Rising may be added to the service some time. Which would be a nice wish fulfilment:

2 Likes