Xbox Game Pass

How old are they again? My boy started playing end of last year, shortly after he turned 3. You’d be surprised how quickly they learn to play. I started with the Switch Lite then on to PC using my XBOX One controller. I’m teaching him to use keyboard and mouse now as well.

3 Likes

The twins turned 3 last week. We are however limiting their screen time these days. We’ve noticed that since we’ve taken their tablets away (used just for Youtube), they’ve been sleeping a lot better with less fighting to go to bed and they wake up later.
I’ll maybe see what they do with a controller over the weekend as I myself don’t play during the week.

4 Likes

So much like a mobile game?

1 Like

I think even most mobile games are more interactive than the Peppa Pig game. The Paw Patrol and PJ Masks games are good introductions to platforming, as they are easy to control and you can’t fail a level. My boy started with than on Steam and moved on to the Lego games. He also plays Kirby Star Allies, Mario Kart 8 and a bit of Minecraft on Switch. On Steam he also loves Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (on easy mode).

2 Likes

Some info on what Last Call BBS is about.

3 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

Because it’s already a few days past mid-month, we get a rare Monday announcement of new additions to the Game Pass libraries. Just few games to get through to the end of the month, but some really nice additions amongst them!

ICYMI: Available Now

• Garden Story (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    Relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor in this charming action-RPG starring Concord the grape. As the newest guardian of The Grove, it is your duty to rebuild the village and uncover the story of its hidden past. Forage resources, combat the invasive Rot, and restore the community!

• Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Cloud and Console) ID@Xbox
    Discover the shattered world of Solasta: explore ruins and dungeons for legendary treasures, learn the truth of an age-old cataclysm – and stop it from happening again. Tailor your squad to your preferred strategy and maximize your party’s abilities in classic tabletop RPG tradition. The choice is yours.

Coming Soon: Tuesday, 19 July

• As Dusk Falls (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Day One Release
    As Dusk Falls is an original interactive drama from Interior/Night that explores the entangled lives of two families across thirty years. Starting in 1998 with a robbery-gone-wrong in small town Arizona, the choices you make have a powerful impact on the characters’ lives in this uncompromising story of betrayal, sacrifice and resilience. Drive the lives and relationships of multiple characters in a decades-spanning story told across two intense books.

• Watch Dogs 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Play as Marcus Holloway, a brilliant young hacker living in the birthplace of the tech revolution, the San Francisco Bay Area. Explore a massive and dynamic open world offering an incredible variety of gameplay possibilities. Launch the Hack of the Century and give freedom back to whom it belongs: the people.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 21 July

• MotoGP 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Engines running: give the green light to the most immersive and authentic MotoGP gaming experience ever. More than 120 riders, over 20 official circuits and all the excitement of the official championship are waiting for you. Virtual and real have never been so near in MotoGP 22!

• Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (PC) ID@Xbox
    Command a space-faring empire in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, the new stand-alone expansion that combines 4X depth with real-time strategy gameplay.

• Torment: Tides of Numenera (Cloud and Console)
    Explore Earth one billion years in the future in the science-fantasy setting of Numenera. Discover the Ninth World built on the bones of extinct, hyper-advanced civilizations and leave your own mark on it. Make thousands of essential choices, face the consequences, and meet death incarnated as you seek the answer to the ultimate question: What does one life matter?

Coming Soon: Friday, 29 July

• Inside (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox
    Discover Playdead’s unique indie adventure game Inside, a dark, narrative-driven platformer combining intense action with challenging puzzles. It has received critical acclaim for its moody art style, ambient soundtrack, and unsettling atmosphere.

Leaving Soon: Sunday, 31 July

• Dodgeball Academia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Lumines Remastered (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Omno (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Raji: An Ancient Epic (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The next Game Pass announcement should be on Tuesday, 02 August.

2 Likes

INSIDE is a simply amazing game! Weird and dark and relatively short and easy. But sooo good!

2 Likes

Coming Soon to Game Pass

New month, new Game Pass games. Here’s the additions for the first half of August.

Available Today: Tuesday, 2 August

• Ghost Recon Wildlands (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Create a team with up to three friends to experience Ghost Recon Wildlands, the ultimate third-person military shooter set in a massive, dangerous, and responsive open world. The Ghosts, a US Special Forces team, are tasked to combat the Santa Blanca cartel and save Bolivia from collapse. You decide how to play, and every decision affects the world around you.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 4 August

• Shenzhen I/O (PC) ID@Xbox
    An open-ended programming puzzle game that challenges players to build circuits using a variety of components. Inspired by real-world electronics engineering, the game takes players on a journey to a near-future Shenzhen, the electronics manufacturing capital of the world.

• Turbo Golf Racing (Cloud, PC, Series X|S) ID@Xbox Day One Release
    Turbo Golf Racing is an arcade-style sports racing game for up to eight players online. Drive, boost, jump, flip, and fly your turbo-powered car. Slam into oversized golf balls. Race your friends in an explosive dash to the finish flag.

Coming Soon: Tuesday, 9 August

• Two Point Campus (Cloud, Console, and PC) Day One Release
    Available on day one with Game Pass: Build the university of your dreams with Two Point Campus, the sim with a twist from the makers of Two Point Hospital. Build, hire staff, and run an academic institution packed with wild courses.

Coming Soon: Thursday, 11 August

• Cooking Simulator (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    Play one of the best cooking games! Take control of a highly polished, realistic kitchen equipped with all kinds of utensils and stands. Unlock and master over 80 recipes or use dozens of lifelike ingredients to cook everything you like. A simulator spiced up with a dash of real-life physics!

• Expeditions: Rome (PC)
    Determine the destiny of Rome as you conquer foreign lands and navigate political intrigue in this turn-based RPG. Directly fight with your party of Praetorians, guide your legion to victory, and choose your own path in a story where every decision matters. How will you shape the future of Rome?

Offworld Trading Company (PC) ID@Xbox
Mars has been colonized. Now, Earth’s greatest corporate titans have been invited to build companies to support it. The competition to dominate the market is fierce in this fast-paced economic RTS.

Leaving Soon: Monday, 15 August

Boyfriend Dungeon (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Curse of the Dead Gods (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Library of Ruina (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Starmancer (Game Preview) (PC)
Train Sim World 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

The next Game Pass update should happen on Tuesday, 16 August.

1 Like

Nice!

Turbo Golf Racing looks like it could be some silly fun.

Another Ubisoft game added, I’m keen to give Wildlands a go for some co-op action. There’s rumour that Immortals Fenyx Rising may be added to the service some time. Which would be a nice wish fulfilment:

2 Likes

GR:Wildlands is possibly my favourite of the franchise. I know @MalicE was big on it too, perhaps a MEW event would be in order now. Sadly, I don’t think it has cross-play.

3 Likes

I cant wait for Ghostrecon

2 Likes

Would also be in for some Co-op action for wildlands

2 Likes

Cooking simulator! Sweet. I’ve always wanted that but not enough to buy it.

3 Likes

@wlad sums up my feeling on most GamePass games :blush:

3 Likes

It should be their slogan:

“Game Pass. For the games you want to play but not enough to actually buy in a Steam sale. You’re welcome.”

2 Likes

I can’t wait for Two Point Campus! Two Point Hospital was so good.

3 Likes

Great game, lots of content. Def best in series for me

3 Likes

I see wildlands is out, and mine is downloading as we speak, let’s make some plans for co-op if anyone else is getting it :smiley:

4 Likes

I have already! Will install tonight! Will play with MEWbs!

3 Likes

Yeah, also downloading but I suspect I’ll play alone (solo).

2 Likes