Official Movie Trailer Thread

@Beo, @murfle I’ll let you both know the moment I spot it on Captain Blackbeard’s streaming service :pirate_flag: because I now know you’re both closet Barbie fans and no meme and /s tag will convince me otherwise. We all know you’re going to download it and watch it on the QT.

Let’s go Barbie!

2 Likes

Maybe if it’s on Netflix when my parents are here next year…

But I would rather get caught up on Avengers. I haven’t even seen Endgame of Infinity Wars yet. But ya, I’m totally going to see Barbie day 1!

1 Like

The Out-Laws

Netflix | 7 July

When the bank Owen manages gets robbed just days before his wedding, all the evidence points in one incredibly awkward direction: his future in-laws.

A straight-laced bank manager about to marry the love of his life. When his bank is held up by infamous Ghost Bandits during his wedding week, he believes his future in-laws who just arrived in town, are the infamous Out-Laws.

1 Like

Sympathy for the Devil

Theatre Release | 25 July - On Demand | 28 July

Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m a man of wealth and taste.

After being forced to drive a mysterious passenger (Nicolas Cage) at gunpoint, a man (Joel Kinnaman) finds himself in a high-stakes game of cat and mouse where it becomes clear that not everything is as it seems.

And just because I’ve now successfully managed to ear worm myself again, (and you know I like sharing them with you all :smiling_imp:), here’s The Stones on their Rock and Roll Circus with a full 8+ minutes of Sympathy for the Devil. Incredibly, this performance is now 55 years old.

2 Likes

Expend4bles

Cinema Release | 22 September

Armed with every weapon they can get their hands on and the skills to use them, The Expendables are the world’s last line of defense and the team that gets called when all other options are off the table. But new team members with new styles and tactics are going to give “new blood” a whole new meaning.

A new generation of stars join the world’s top action stars for an adrenaline-fueled adventure in Expend4bles. Reuniting as the team of elite mercenaries, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, and Sylvester Stallone are joined for the first time by Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Megan Fox, Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, Jacob Scipio, Levy Tran, and Andy Garcia.

They’ll Die When They’re Dead

No shit?! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Se7en
Expend4bles
5nal Destination
Lucky Number S7evin

Cringe…

2 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

4 Likes

Lucky it’s not the fourth one

4 Likes

Go West

Cinema Release | 19 July

JK Studios takes a crack at telling stories (In their own hilarious way) of the people on the Oregon Trail and the hardships they endured by traveling from Illinois to Oregon in the 1800s, during harsh winters, long roads and dangerous dangers. A combination of a crazy cast of characters, a long and arduous journey, filled with harsh elements and sickness and death, this family comedy adventure pits the original cast of the popular Studio C TV Show against each other, where they have to find common ground to come together to make it thousands of miles to find a place to call home.

1 Like
3 Likes

Heart of Stone

Netflix | 11 August

An intelligence operative for a shadowy global peacekeeping agency races to stop a hacker from stealing its most valuable and dangerous weapon.
Gal Gadot is Agent Rachel Stone, the only intelligence operative who stands between her global, peace-keeping organization and the loss of its most valuable — and dangerous — asset, codenamed: The Heart.

Netflix big bucks, British production, glamourous locations, spies, intrigue, many explosions, evil villainess, and Gal Gadot? I’ll take it.

1 Like

The Spider-Man v Kraven v Venom movie better happen!

3 Likes

The Beanie Bubble

Apple TV+ | 28 July

Capitalism, dial-up Internet, and bean-filled plush animals.

Why did the world suddenly treat stuffed animals like gold? Ty Warner was a frustrated toy salesman until his collaboration with three women grew his masterstroke of an idea into the biggest toy craze in history. “The Beanie Bubble” is an inventive story about what and who we value, and the unsung heroes whose names didn’t appear on the heart-shaped tag.

The Beanie Bubble premieres July 28, starring Zach Galifianakis, Elizabeth Banks, Sarah Snook, and Geraldine Viswanathan. https://apple.co/_TheBeanieBubble

My wife still has a large box full of Beanie Babies somewhere in our storeroom. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Zoey 102

Paramount+ | 27 July

Over a decade after the iconic series ended, ZOEY 102 finds Zoey Brooks still trying to figure out life and love, this time in her 20s. Zoey and Chase did not end up in Hawaii that summer and haven’t heard from each other since. When close friends Quinn and Logan announce they’re getting married, Zoey and Chase find themselves in the wedding party.

Save the date! Join Zoey, Chase, and the rest of the PCA crew at the wedding of the year in Zoey 102, streaming July 27 exclusively on Paramount+.

1 Like

Dumb Money

You can’t make this $hit up. :rocket::moneybag: Get invested in the insane true story that shocked the world.

Dumb Money is the ultimate David vs. Goliath tale, based on the insane true story of everyday people who flipped the script on Wall Street and got rich by turning GameStop (yes, the mall videogame store) into the world’s hottest company. In the middle of everything is regular guy Keith Gill (Paul Dano), who starts it all by sinking his life savings into the stock and posting about it. When his social posts start blowing up, so does his life and the lives of everyone following him. As a stock tip becomes a movement, everyone gets rich – until the billionaires fight back, and both sides find their worlds turned upside down.

2 Likes

Dead Man’s Hand

Cinema & On Demand | 7 July

Gunslinger Reno (Jack Kilmer, The Nice Guys) is headed west for a quiet life with his new bride. But when their stagecoach is ambushed, he kills an outlaw in self-defense. In a nearby town, Reno learns that the man he slayed is the brother of the corrupt mayor, Bishop (Stephen Dorff, Blade), who vows revenge. After their card game turns into a bloody shootout, who will be left standing? Cole Hauser (“Yellowstone”) appears as a U.S. Marshal who becomes Reno’s ally in this pulse-pounding Western.

2 Likes

Drive-Away Dolls

Written by Ethan Coen and Tricia Cooke, this comedy caper follows Jamie, an uninhibited free spirit bemoaning yet another breakup with a girlfriend, and her demure friend Marian who desperately needs to loosen up. In search of a fresh start, the two embark on an impromptu road trip to Tallahassee, but things quickly go awry when they cross paths with a group of inept criminals along the way. Directed by Ethan Coen.

1 Like

The Passenger

Digital/On Demand | 4 August

Randy (Johnny Berchtold) is perfectly content fading into the background. But when his coworker Benson (Kyle Gallner) goes on a sudden and violent rampage leaving a trail of destruction in his wake, Randy is forced to face his fears and confront his troubled past to survive.

This looks seriously intense.

1 Like

Retribution

Cinema Release | 25 August

A bank executive receives a bomb threat while driving his children to school that his car will explode if they stop and get out. A remake of the 2015 Spanish film “El Desconocido.”

Liam Neeson stars in Retribution, an immersive ticking clock thriller that straps audiences in for a high-octane ride of redemption and revenge. When a mysterious caller puts a bomb under his car seat, Matt Turner (Neeson) begins a high-speed chase across the city to complete a specific series of tasks. With his kids trapped in the back seat and a bomb that will explode if they get out of the car, a normal commute becomes a twisted game of life or death as Matt follows the stranger’s increasingly dangerous instructions in a race against time to save his family.

1 Like

The Baker

Cinema Release | 28 July

Fearing his estranged son murdered, an elderly baker with a dangerous past and his eight-year-old granddaughter must journey to the crime ridden Big City to uncover clues to his disappearance… All with a giant loaf of bread filled with 100K of high-grade heroin.

Ron Perlman and Harvey Keitel? I’ll wait patiently for this.

1 Like