Official Movie Trailer Thread

Influencer

On Demand | 26 May

Influencer tells the story of Madison (Emily Tennant, Riverdale), a popular social media influencer who is having a lonely and uneventful trip in Thailand despite what she tells her followers on Instagram. While reflecting on her boyfriend canceling the trip, she meets CW (Cassandra Naud, See), a fearless and enigmatic traveler who offers to take her to some of the most Instagram-worthy locations. Together they share authentic meals and drinks with locals, discussing the differences between Madison’s online presence and CW’s lack of one. After showing Madison all of the amazing sights, things take a different turn when CW brings her to a surprise location - a deserted island that is completely off the grid.

1 Like

That seems very meta or woke, not sure if I’m using these terms correctly either.

2 Likes

The paradox of wokeness: you are inevitably going to offend someone by trying to do things “correctly”.

2 Likes

I’m sorry if I offended anyone.

3 Likes

Oppenheimer

Cinema Release | 21 July

Written and directed by Christopher Nolan, Oppenheimer is an IMAX®-shot epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

The film stars Cillian Murphy as J. Robert Oppenheimer and Emily Blunt as his wife, biologist and botanist Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer. Oscar® winner Matt Damon portrays General Leslie Groves Jr., director of the Manhattan Project, and Robert Downey, Jr. plays Lewis Strauss, a founding commissioner of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.

2 Likes

Here you go… saving you the cost of a cinema ticket by showing you the movie in a 4m30s trailer.

2 Likes

Its Jack Reacher!

Also, of the entire cast it seems Jason Mamoa is having the most fun :grin:

2 Likes

He is the only reason I would bother watching this …

1 Like

Extraction 2

Netflix | 16 June

Chris Hemsworth returns as Tyler Rake in EXTRACTION 2, the sequel to Netflix’s blockbuster action film EXTRACTION. After barely surviving the events of the first movie, Rake is back as the Australian black ops mercenary, tasked with another deadly mission: rescuing the battered family of a ruthless Georgian gangster from the prison where they are being held.

Skoop, skiet, donner, but with an Aussie accent.

3 Likes

Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part 1

Cinemas | July 12

Expect some cliffhanger ending in this part 1! Also, Agent Carter!

It looks like we don’t have any synopsis for this title yet. But be sure that Ethan Hunt will run a lot. And fast. Like only he can.

2 Likes

Thats what I said!

2 Likes

Killers of the Flower Moon

Cinema Release | 20 October

Based on David Grann’s broadly lauded best-selling book, “Killers of the Flower Moon” is set in 1920s Oklahoma and depicts the serial murder of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that came to be known as the Reign of Terror.

Some serious cinema heavies involved here: Directed by Martin Scorsese and screenplay by Eric Roth and Scorsese, the film stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Lily Gladstone, Jesse Plemons.

This will be the first theatrical release for Apple Studios. The movie will, presumably, get a streaming release to Apple TV+ eventually. With its 3 hour 26 minute runtime, this will be a two watch sessions movie for me.

1 Like

The Creator

Cinema Release | 29 September

“This is a fight for our very existence.”

From writer/director Gareth Edwards (“Rogue One,” “Godzilla”) comes an epic sci-fi action thriller set amidst a future war between the human race and the forces of artificial intelligence. Joshua (John David Washington, “Tenet”), a hardened ex-special forces agent grieving the disappearance of his wife (Gemma Chan, “Eternals”), is recruited to hunt down and kill the Creator, the elusive architect of advanced AI who has developed a mysterious weapon with the power to end the war… and mankind itself. Joshua and his team of elite operatives journey across enemy lines, into the dark heart of AI-occupied territory… only to discover the world-ending weapon he’s been instructed to destroy is an AI in the form of a young child (newcomer Madeleine Yuna Voyles).

The more “AI will destroy mankind” stories there are now the better! We need to start forming the AAIR (Anti-AI Resistance) now in preparation for the future. Who’s with me?!

Final Trailer released:

2 Likes

Methinks dis idea issa goodie.

2 Likes

Theater Camp

Cinema Release | 14 July

Tony Award winner Ben Platt and Molly Gordon star in the new original comedy Theater Camp as Amos and Rebecca-Diane – lifelong best friends and drama instructors at a rundown camp in upstate New York. When clueless tech-bro Troy (Jimmy Tatro) arrives to run the property (into the ground), Amos, Rebecca-Diane and production manager Glenn (Noah Galvin) band together with the staff and students to stage a masterpiece, and keep their beloved summer camp afloat.

1 Like

Surrounded

Digital On Demand | 20 June

Five years after the Civil War, freedwoman and former Buffalo Soldier Moses “Mo” Washington travels west to lay claim on a gold mine- the summation of years of toil for Mo and her community. It is a mean, dangerous world for an unaccompanied Black woman in 1870 America and so Mo travels into the deep frontier disguised as a man. After her stagecoach is ambushed by a group of murderous thieves, Mo is forced to hold legendary outlaw Tommy Walsh captive while the remaining surviving passengers seek out help. What ensues is a battle of wills, blurring the line between captor and captive, as they both try to survive the harsh western landscape.

1 Like

Prisoner’s Daughter
Limited Cinema Release | 30 June

Released from prison with terminal cancer, Max tries to reconnect with his estranged daughter and the grandson he’s never known. When his daughter’s abusive, drug-addicted ex-husband reappears, Max’s violent past comes back to haunt them all.

Kate Beckinsale AND Brian Cox?! Yes please!

1 Like

Barbie

Cinema Release | 21 July

Giant blowout party :white_check_mark: Planned choreography :white_check_mark: To live in Barbie Land is to be a perfect being in a perfect place. Unless you have a full-on existential crisis. Or you’re a Ken.

Go on, admit it - you want to watch it. I do. Looks like a right good laugh. Not in a cinema though :smiley:

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m totally looking forward to this one! I can’t wait! This totally looks like the movie for me!

Come on Barbie, let’s go party. OooOooO. OooOooO!

/s implied

2 Likes