Official Space Thread

Oh, that is far less exciting. I would love our rockets to be called Shoveit, or Voetsek, or Bliksem…

2 Likes

:rofl:

'Tsek, Awê, Kiff, and Eish are the perfect names for the next SA rockets.

3 Likes

Loooool called it

2 Likes

i did a thing when the lauch happened

7 Likes

Nice. I should take some photos of all the lego I have.

3 Likes

You should! And post them in our Lego thread too!

1 Like

SpaceX is targeting as soon as Thursday, April 20 for the first flight test of a fully integrated Starship and Super Heavy rocket from Starbase in Texas. The 62 minute launch window opens at 8:28 a.m. CT and closes at 9:30 a.m. CT.

I think that translates into a launch window between 15:30-16:30 here.

4 Likes

NASASpaceflight (live)

Everyday Astronaut (live)

Official SpaceX Channel (from 14:45)

2 Likes

lets go!
Also that launch window is smack in the middle of when we are going for drinks at work. guess I’m going to be anti social for a bit lol.

3 Likes

How was it @Ani? You know the rules - Pics or it didn’t happen!!

2 Likes

Holding. Up to 15 minutes possible launch hold. Waiting for confirmation.

ETA: Go for launch!!

2 Likes

Super Heavy - Starship separation failure. Vehicle control lost. Ship destroyed and test flight terminated at T+00:04:00 at 29 km.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It was amazing! Totality was incredible. I have a bunch of pics but not much internet access so here’s one to tide you all over for now :waxing_crescent_moon::rocket::sunglasses::grin:

5 Likes

ayyyyy! it was beautiful. man that glow on those raptors, epic!
Pity about the spin, but like they said, clearing the tower was the goal, the fact that it even got through max Q is probably the cherry on the cake for them. Literally the first time they fly a booster and to top it it was a fully integrated one.

Some damage to the pad, in the sense that there is a giant crater where a concrete floor once was, perhaps that damaged the engines, some bent tanks at the fuel farm, but I’m sure it’ll buff out.
One great thing to note is that the stack that flew has already been improved on in Booster 9 and Ship 26 :smiley:
Now the wait…

3 Likes

This wouldn’t surprise me. Saw a clip someone posted of the concrete shards raining down near the pad - scary stuff! At least 5 of the engines failed, according the graphic on the bottom left of the screen.

Next test when?!

2 Likes

that is the big question lol. Upside, they have hardware ready to go, but they will have to go through the full test campaign. I think both booster and ship have completed Cryo tests, so next up would be static fires maybe? but yeah, first up is repairing some damage at the pad.
They also have a deluge system ready to be installed so I’m sure that’s also up next. apparently there is Flame Diverter hardware as well… we’ll see what happens with that.

3 Likes

Launch pad is FUBAR, needs a hefty rebuild.

I though most of the stuff being kicked up was the from the ground next to the pad, nope it was raining chunks of launch pad.
I don’t think water will solve this, they might eventually need a water deluge system + flame trench.

2 Likes

The launch and complete flight:

3 Likes
3 Likes