Palworld (i.e. Pokémon with guns)

Unless you’ve been living off the grid, you’ve probably heard about this little game that’s blown off the charts. Boasting a peak over 2 million concurrent players on Steam, and with over 7 million copies sold in a week, plus a Game Pass release, there’s a lot of people playing Palworld.

I’ve yet to try out the game, but with all the news it’s generating it’s hard not to know anything about the game and the controversy around it. Anyway, I’ll post the general trailers and info later in this thread, but thought I’d kick it off with an article I particularly enjoyed:

It’s a lot of pure FUN. That’s why it’s selling and being played. It’s not trying to wow you with amazing graphics or an emotional storyline. It’s just a good time. Yes, it copies mechanics from other games but it combines them in a way that hasn’t been done before and it just works.

1 Like

Enjoying it quite a lot, it still has many problems, especially the pathing, pals are constantly unhappy or get injured because some-freaking-how they end up walking on top of a tree, getting stuck, and end up not being able to eat or steal properly.

The game definitely needs some work done, but I can’t wait to see what the developer’s do with the game if they choose to keep working on it, and judging by the patch that came out that fixed quite a bit of lag issues as well as them adding a “quit” button to the main menu makes me think they probably will continue to work on the game, that and the fact that so many people bought the game, here’s to hoping they won’t take the money and run.

1 Like