Passwords?!

So I have been thinking lately, I have too many passwords that I use on all platforms and sites that are too close to each other.

SOOooo… How many of you actually use something like a password manager? Passwords that you do not know out of your had at all, and saved in a “wallet”?

If so, which password manager do you use?

I’m ashamed to say but Google holds most of my passwords. Only the vitally important ones strictly remain in my mind.

1 Like

So most of your passwords are just set to be remembered and that’s it?
Even those in your mind, I presume are for stuff like your email and banking.
Do they differ, or do they tend to be quite similar?

I always had one password. now I just use LastPass and generated passwords. I do however keep my banking passwords in my head and not in a password manager.

4 Likes

I moved to Last Pass years ago and honestly it works for me. I have it on my phone as well and everything just works.

3 Likes

and the free version gives you everything you need.

Thanks guys! I really feel like I need to be a bit more secure with so many of my passwords being too similar

Add another vote for Last Pass!

1 Like

yeah, I highly recommend LastPass. It is brilliant.

1 Like

I want to switch to last pass, currently using Blur, which works very well but I hear better things about last pass.

But then I have to admit I am lazy, I have 4 variations of one for my games. Google has its own password, banking is also a very unique one.

1 Like

I’m using keypass, but google also remembers some of my stuff for me.

1 Like

Pretty much. However my system for passwords is based on using two key words and then a word relating in some way to the website/service - in effect every password is unique but shares similarities. This way I usually can work out or remember the password.

2 Likes

I use Lastpass. Can’t go without it and can definitely recommend it.

2 Likes

This. The mobile version can be a pain sometimes, but honestly, I prefer it to using one or 2 passwords on every site I visit, especially since the number of sites getting hacked seems to be increasing and then it is a pain.

1 Like

I have one password for most things
then a completely different off the charts password for google
and a totes different one for banking.

so far so good.

I never allow my browser to remeber my crap either,incase I lose posession of my devices.

1 Like

Have been using last pass for about 4 years now always works wonders.
Also don’t have to remember 127 websites passwords or use the same one to often.
But banking things I have that with me.

1 Like

I’ve tried using a password manager in the past, but I’ve not been able to find one that works for me. So I adopted a little algorithm to create my password for each site. That way my password are dependent on the same elements, and thus I don’t forget them. Maybe it’s not the most secure, but at least I have unique passwords for each site.

3 Likes

I have a couple of passwords that I use. One for very important things like banking and crypto, then one for relatively important things like emails and important subscriptions, then one for business related accounts and finally one or two that I won’t loose any sleep over if leaked (that I usually use for forums).

The only mission comes in with password complexity. My “cheap” password is basically just a bunch of numbers, but sometimes I have to add some zeros to the front of it or letters or something which makes me forget it.

I’ve never really looked at LastPass, but I’ve been using KeePass for years. Open source, light weight that I can access from anywhere including my phone. Use it to store all my passwords, serial numbers and 2FA codes.