PC Building Advice

So with BF around the corner, I have begun gathering info and doing research on build options. My overall budget is in the region of around GBP1250, although I may stretch that a little if needs be.

I would like some advice on a few points. For now, I have just listed my planned components. I will narrow down the specific brands or models once the basics are locked in. I am basically planning a mid-tier PC, but BF specials may guide the final choices. For now, I want to clarify some of the key technical points, mainly around the MOBO options.

​

COMMON COMPONENTS :

GPU 3060ti
CASE Corsair 4000d Airflow (White & Gray)
CPU FAN Noctua U12s Redux
RAM 2x8GB DDR4-3600
CASE FANS Noctua P12 Redux
HDD NVME (mainly for OS, as I have other storage already)
PSU To be confirmed, based on final build

​

I believe the two build paths below pretty much identical in terms of performance. So then it would just boil down to price ?

INTEL OPTION:

CPU i5-12400f
MOBO B660 or H670 or Z690 ? Not planning to overclock, so is it worth spending more for the Z690?

​

AMD OPTION:

​

CPU Ryzen 5 5600 (not the X, unless it is the same price or cheaper on sale)
MOBO B550 or X570 ? What about the flashing of bios to cater for Ryzen 5 chip (meaning I shold get a board with Bios Flashback)

​

2 Likes

I’m an AMD fan, and recently upgraded to a 5800X 3D, but if you’re building a new PC, I think Intel has the edge with 12th and 13th gen. (But it might be close, so check benchmarks and price, as you already mentioned).

As for the Intel board, some of them are also compatible with 13th gen. I would try and get one of those, as it opens up the option for a new CPU upgrade on the same board.

3 Likes