Personal Health Advice Thread

I figured to split this into a topic since we all use the threadkiller and sometimes the questions gets lost in the noise.

So 2 things I am sharing today:
1st :
Since the situation we are in as a family, I have been doing my research and reading to see what is ahead for us and maybe give me insight on what is going on in dad’s head (we want to book a meeting with the neuro surgeon to ask a lot of questions - why did they do the burr holes on top of the head and not closer to the brain bleed at the bottom and so forth)

But something I was pointed to by a lot of people who has had to deal with family members with strokes or brain injuries all said to read this book and watch her TED talk.:

2nd:

Penpharm Paw-Paw Ointment 30G - Clicks

https://clicks.co.za/penpharm_paw-paw-ointment-30g/p/262799

clicks.co

This stuff is magical, I have burnt myself blisters by spilling boiling water on my wrist, I had small blisters, this stuff in 30mins took away the pain, the blisters gone so was the readness.

But yea lets use this for sharing things we find that works, if you need advice of any kind, mentally or physically lets keep it here?

5 Likes

If you’re going to be looking after someone, make sure to look after yourself first. If you fall apart you won’t be able to help anyone else.

3 Likes

Im gonna need this reminder every once in a while. At least i have taken steps forward my mental health and saw someone once a week, next week is my last session but with her help we discovered that my depression isnt the root of my anxiety, but the other way round. So we are now treating the anxiety with tips and tricks and meds. I havent felt this “normal” in over 30 years.

So take the time to do this.

2 Likes

Okay, so I think this is as good a place as any for this kinda thing. While I am not very health conscious about what goes into my eating and meal plans, I am always trying to be mindful of my mental and physical state.

I hope that this post could at least do the same for someone else as it has done so for me, or at least made me think about putting things in place to make corrections or adjustments to have a better life. So without further ado.

I came across this personality type assessment and didn’t think too much about it at first glance and actually put it off. After a few days I decided to push through and actually complete it. Turns out it is not at all what I thought and is purely scientific based. I became intrigued by it and followed through, as just like my job, it is somewhat reliant on psychological and physiological methods and behaviours.

Part 1 - Determining your dominant nature

So through this test, I established that I am serotonin dominant by nature. What this essentially means is that I get enough of these stimuli through my daily actions and decision-making processes and now we need to determine my deficiency.

Serotonin resynchronizes your brain while you sleep so you wake every morning with a fresh start.

Part 2 - Defining your deficiency

I needed to identify which biochemical I was deficient in. The result was quite apparent that I am GABA deficient, which is one of the inhibitors for neurotransmitters. So this is where I need to focus in order to maintain balance.

When your rhythm is thrown off by a GABA deficiency, you may begin to feel anxious, nervous, or irritable. Without enough GABA, your brain produces energy in bursts, which impacts your emotional well-being.

Part 3 - Deciding on an outcome

So while I was still sceptical about a lot of this, I did my own research and found on that some of my results were given this very “simple” test. I mean honestly, what could a basic true/false answers really tell me. Turns out a LOT. While these chemicals sound try and their practicality align with a lot of the life symptoms (problems) I am facing there needs to strike a balance right, I mean everything in life is a balance. So I need to balance my intake and supplement with that of my physical and mental nature. Stomach and brain in this case.

After talking to a clinician on these matters and gaining more information. Changing diet has always been an issue for me, after all, it’s expensive to eat healthily. What did come as a massive surprise was that supplements were readily available on the shelf or over-the-counter at most or any Clicks or Dis-chem.

As a result, my findings have been in the following areas:

• Determine what I am deficient in and supplement that in order to maintain balance rather than take supplements to cover a range of neurotransmitters
  • Throw in a few more ingredients into my diet to supplement the GABA intake, eg. broccoli, sweet potato, kale, etc.

Possible supplements and or OTC meds include:

• L-PHENYLALANINE 1000MG
  • INOSITOL 3000MG
  • GABA 3000MG
  • VITAMIN B COMPLEX SHOTS. 1 FULL 3ML VIAL A WEEK

So there you have it, I hope that this information can help or at least provide you with a different perspective or outlook and how or where to improve your life.

Another avenue this opened up to me is the way of peptides, though I still don’t know enough about that to fully understand or to start hooking into that way of life. I know @Flex is very health and fitness-orientated, perhaps his opinion can have some weight here.

Let me know if you found this interesting as I sure did, and I am happy to further discuss anything should anyone so require or need it. There are so many aspects to the different biochemicals, neurotransmitters, hormones, etc. and the body is a complex thing.

:v: :relaxed:

3 Likes

Will give the survey a go.

As for the supplements, Combinging GABA with ZMA before you go to sleep is amazing and very very good for you. When i prepped i used to use HGH Peptides. So with peptides there are many and lots to learn.

All of this is nice and well, but supplements are just getting out of control expensive which is really a pity.

At this stage my only staple is Cream of Rice which I need for my training. Not even consuming a form of Protein or pre workout at this stage. If I had the additional funds to throw on sups, GABA, ZMA would def be very high on my list.

3 Likes

Appreciate the response and feedback, thank you.

1 Like

Will try that quiz on the weekend.

2 Likes