Petrolheads / Electroheads / Motorheads

I love car stories like this:

4 Likes

And now I have another new favourite YT channel :smiley: What a wonderful story. And fantastically well edited and told too. Thank you for sharing it.

3 Likes

Ahh, I’m glad you like it! I shared his Wangan Porsche vid here, but it didn’t seem to generate much excitement. Yes, all his story content is brilliant. I love the time-attack one too.

The part where the woman kissed the Porsche is such a “goosebumps” moment.

2 Likes

Well I stupidly missed that one. Will rectify immediately. :smiley:

Watching that now. :ok_hand:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Ferrari’s newly launched Purosangue is the marque’s first 4-door 4-seater. But don’t call it an SUV - it’s a “modern GT”. :smiley:

The Purosangue looks like an SUV, akin to other luxury sports SUVs from brands like Porsche and Maserati. But despite its size, shape and higher stance, the company insists that the Purosangue – which means “thoroughbred” in Italian – is a sports car, designed from the ground up as a true Ferrari.

The Purosangue may not have a traditional Ferrari shape, but it will sound like a Ferrari. The new model is powered by a 6.5-liter, 715-horsepower V-12 engine that is mounted behind the front axle, rather than over it as with most SUVs and crossovers.

Ferrari said the location of the engine – and of the Purosangue’s transaxle, mounted at the rear – distributes the vehicle’s weight almost evenly among the four wheels, improving its handling.

Will list at €390 000 - the second most expensive production Ferrari behind the €440 000 SF90. :astonished: The company plans to limit production of the Purosangue to no more than 20% of its total annual output, or only about 3,000 units per year.

4 Likes

Gorgeous car. When I make it one day I’m buying one.

3 Likes

Very cool SUV. Mid-engined is unique for an SUV. Not bad looking for an SUV either. The mid-engined layout reminds me of the Toyota Previa, which was a van/MPV and not an SUV.

2 Likes

its front engined, engine is just behind the front axle and not over it like most front engined vehicles. The mixed messaging from Ferrari is just frustrating IF it looks like an SUV its an SUV so just call it that.

2 Likes

Technically that is still a mid-engined car. It would be a front mid-engined car, rather than a rear mid-engined one.

Any car that has the engine in front of the rear axle, but behind the front one, is mid-engined.

Anyway, this Ferrari is definitely pretty, no matter what they decide to call it. Personally, if I was ever in the situation where I could buy a new Ferrari, I would still opt for a more traditional one. I love that they went for that monster of a V12 too.

2 Likes

I think it is a beautiful automobile! Very sleek and poster-worthy!

Not going to fall into the trap of specifying which category of automobile it is :wink:

2 Likes

Some wonderful classic car racing on this channel.

2 Likes

Some nice things to look at & listen…then woooosh Star Wars noises.

2 Likes

I loved watching this.

2 Likes

Such an expensive lineup of classics!

1 Like

Has anyone been to the previous BMW M Festival?

The new one is next weekend. It seems to have music acts and some car stuff.

1 Like
4 Likes

RIP clutch cable…

Thankfully it decided to snap just around the corner from our house so we were able to push the car into our road (with the help of two kind people) and then my wife could walk up and fetch her car so we could tow my car home.

On Monday I’ll have to give Renault a call and get a new one. At least I can do the replacement myself, having already done it for my wife’s old Sandero where I actually used my Logan as a reference point since they were practically identical.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve been seeing this posted all over the racing channels.

3 Likes