PGA Tour 2K21-2K23

Just gotta get me a silly hat now

3 Likes

The silly trousers! Get the silly trousers!

2 Likes

Pfft. Who wears pants on the golf course?

2 Likes

Damn straight. Swing that club and sink a bogey!

2 Likes

Question; how do you get access to custom or player created courses?

2 Likes

Made my character at lunchtime yesterday. Made a Pro player.

I had a bit of time after work before I needed to head out last night, so I squeezed in a quickie in career mode. Had a couple nice shots, but mostly was skew in everything. I also seem to be having problems getting perfect swings, they were mostly slow or fast. And when I try some tricky shots, even if my swing is straight, I still ended up in the bushes.

I think I need to stop looking at the power bar and just go by feel like I used to in Tiger Woods games.

Ended up around +15 I think. But some of that was just rushed shots so I could get out my door in time.

1 Like

I need to try pro still. I’m playing on amateur (middle difficulty).

2 Likes

I’m thinking I should have done that lol

50% off… I’d say I did pretty good.

1 Like

Yeah, I too kept everything at the default options. The weather, or wind, is starting to really affect my game and I’m battling to read the wind. This I find is only impacting me now, towards the end of the FedEx Cup.

Yeah the wind really affects the ball. I’m kinda getting a hang of it if I have cross winds, but always misjudge the shot when the wind is from behind. When hitting to the green I always overshoot and end in the rough on the other side. It really messes up my GIR stats. :slight_smile:

I squeezed in a few holes over lunch. Had a few good strokes, others, way bad…

I’m using the left stick for the swing, since it’s what I remember using on Xbox 360. I keep trying to use the D-Pad to move the aim marker though…

I also found it better if I ignore the power meter and just go with what feels like 80%, 90%, whatever…

When you go into shot modifier though, left and right do the curves (whatever the technical names were, I forget), but I haven’t figured out yet if up or down spins it to make it go forward when it lands… Usually because when I do modify that, I end up in the rough :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just won the Championship Invitational.

3 Likes

Hit a 47 foot putt!

2 Likes

haha was just about to post too…

Just got my first 60ft put

2 Likes

Nice!!

1 Like

Pfffft. Amateurs. I’m never that far away from the hole on the green to have to sink such a long put…

3 Likes

Drive for show, putt for dough!

2 Likes

To be fair, I was rushing some shots near the end to finish up, not realizing that you can shut down half way through a round and it will pick up where you left off. At least in the PGA Tour mode…

I also spent some time on the driving range last night. Still haven’t figured out the spin. I was getting very inconsistent results. Maybe some new clubs are needed.

This was a result of a sliced shot with heavy cross-wind on a dogleg-left, which landed me in the rough stuff.

As a result, I clubbed up as I was in the rough and hitting into the wind, which caused me to land on the green but underestimated the roll and the pace of the green.

That’s awesome, I am glad there is a driving range option, I was wondering if there was. Where is this at?

1 Like