Phone Location Tracking apps

Does anybody have recommendations for Android apps for tracking cellphone location? I need to install one on my wife’s phone since she travels about 60km every day (with the girls) and if something happens, I need to be able to find them. My previous car had a Tracker in which I could check on the app (if she was driving my car that day), but I’m not really keen on getting Tracker again. Their tech is mostly outdated and unreliable plus tracking the phone has the extra advantage of finding the phone if someone steals it.

And before anybody’s warning alarms go off for “stalker alert”… she asked me… last night. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We used to use an app called Life360 for this exact reason, but I felt it ate my battery too much. Might be worth investigating again?

4 Likes

I’ve heard of Life360 and FamiSafe before. Life360 is definitely the name that comes up most often though. I think the second one can also be used on iOS so may work for families with mixed devices.

No idea of either one’s cost or usefulness though - we’ve always been an iPhone family and just use the Find My Device feature with Family Sharing.

3 Likes

I’ll ask my lady, she installed some kind of “nanny” app that sends her phone a message whenever an app is downloaded (its like a parental control app), but she mostly uses it to keep track of her mom’s phone location. If I recall she said it was quite customizable so you could possibly use just the location tracker…but i guess there is likely to be a plain old location only type app, without all the added stuff you won’t need.

3 Likes

Google has this functionality.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7326816?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

https://support.google.com/families/answer/7103413?hl=en

Stuff like that.

2 Likes

With iOS you can always track and find family members that are part of your Apple subscription family plan. It’s convenient. My wife, mother in law and 16 y/o niece are on the plan, so I can always track where they are.

2 Likes

I use the google version, but I also have the login details for everyone so that I can log into their accounts and use the find my phone function (thus far its been used so many times for lost phones - which we find again)

2 Likes

Life360 without a doubt! We have it installed across our family. The Driving premium package is also awesome as you can set multiple alert locations. (Tip - They work even after cancelling the Premium).

3 Likes

I think this is what my lady has?
She says she just uses Google family link for parents

3 Likes

Oh yes, have that too for my kids. Added features that act as a cyber nanny too.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll look into these.
I found FamiSafe, but you have to create an account and login to get pricing so they lost my interest (not very good marketing). I’ll have a look at the rest and let you know which worked for me.

3 Likes

I’ve decided to give Life360 a try first. Will see how it goes and drain on the battery.

2 Likes