Pillars of Eternity

Going to start playing this. A little bit late to the party but I’ve wanted to play it for a while now.

First things first, what are your preferred difficulty settings?

And if you’ve already played the game, what difficulty did you play on?

3 Likes

As much as I loved the idea of the game, I was under the impression its a multiplayer game. Where in this now you have real time strategy that you can pause, swop chars for and so forth and even on easy I failed - I don’t think strategically enough for the game.

Play it on normal its fine that way. But what I can say to you is go watch a video on the naval combat.

1 Like

Yeah I was considering playing on Normal.

1 Like

Crank difficulty up all the way and enjoy

1 Like

I started playing it some time ago and stopped an hour or so into the game. Not sure why, as I enjoyed the experience.

1 Like

I’ve recently started playing it a d loving it this far, the narrative is brilliant. Also the game is so atmospheric. I look forward to progressing.

1 Like

Was a great game. Number 2 is better but nr 1 is very good.

1 Like

I played it beginning of last year and got about 40 hours in. Then I told myself I would take a break. And um never got back to it. Wanted to take this holiday period to continue but didn’t feel up to it.

I think this may be a game that I will just never complete.

1 Like

Revival! I finished the first game for the second time a couple of days ago and immediately jumped into the sequel. I previously played a test copy of the sequel but I’m so happy to (finally) own the game and all the DLC.

This game is superb and coming directly from the first one the improvements are immediately apparent. It looks better, it plays better (I haven’t tried turn based mode yet), the classes are done better and the story is much easier to follow thanks to everything now being fully voiced. There seems to be a lot of debate about it but I really like the naval exploration and the way the naval combat is done. The world building is also really, really good. Love all the local slang and different races with their own histories and such.

I highly recommend getting the sequel if you even slightly enjoyed the first one or if you are a fan of classic Western RPG’s. This is one of the best CRPG’s I’ve played in a long time.

2 Likes

Very nice!

Like @Solitude, I also got a ways into the game and then took a break. Basically I was pushing down into that massive dungeon and would do the “main” quest purely as a way to level up to progress further down the dungeon.

…And then I just stopped. Got busy, I guess.

I’ll defnitely put the sequel on my wishlist!

3 Likes

Yeah I almost had to force myself to finish the first game the first time around, even though I was super hyped for it to come out and loved it at the start. I just lost interest and started playing other games but I eventually came back and gave it another go and I’m glad I did.

Then when my brother bought me the sequel I thought it would be a while until I could play it because of cap issues so I decided to play the first one again. Then @1nF4m0u5 helped me out with his router to download the game and I rushed the final chapter of the game so I can start the sequel. I did finish that massive dungeon though and even on story time diifculty that end boss was insane.

While the first game isn’t strictly linear the sequel does give you a lot more freedom. I’m 12 hours into the game now and I’ve done like 2 main quests max. I’m just sailing around the map looking for uncharted islands to explore and doing side quests and bounties to make money for better ships and gear.

3 Likes