Playing full screen games on duplicate monitor

Since I’ve gotten my new monitor that uses a DisplayPort cable, I can’t duplicate my main screen to the TV (via HDMI). Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to resolve it? Below is a photo of my computer screen and the “duplicated” TV screen.
It only happens when I set the display to Full Screen. Windowed mode works fine but I see the window’s title bar at the top and the Windows Taskbar at the bottom, which isn’t ideal. Obviously games with the option of a borderless window won’t have this issue, but two of the games I’m trying to play at the moment only has Full Screen and Windowed options.

3 Likes

That’s an old school keyboard you have there! And what’s your daughter’s sock doing below your monitor?

3 Likes

Maybe try Borderless Gaming on Steam (steampowered.com)

or the free version: Releases · Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming · GitHub

As far as I can tell they’re the same.

5 Likes

I know… look at this beauty. It is the only keyboard which layout I like and can’t find another. Had a bit of a mission at one stage because it is still PS/2 and the PS/2 to USB converter disabled a lot of the functionality… but then I got one that works 100%. I did a quick check now and I see there are new keyboards now that has this exact same layout, but I like my Calculator and My Computer shortcut buttons :slight_smile:

As for the sock, who knows. On my desk there is a sock, below my desk there are balls from the ball pen, so everything is just chaos. In the new house we’ll have a bit more separation of areas (and more packing space) so then at least some rooms can have some sort of order in it.

2 Likes

Thanks, this looks like it might work. Downloading it now.

2 Likes

Right, feedback on this… Working great.

3 Likes