PlayStation Plus: Now with more Plus

An all-new PlayStation Plus launches in June, promising players on the highest of three membership tiers access to over 700 games.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/playstation-plus-now-with-more-plus/
1 Like

Seems like a logical move, but feels expensive.

Also, regional rolling out means SA will not get this soon…

2 Likes

Missed Opportunity to call it PlayStation Plus+

3 Likes

Local dates and prices are out.

PlayStation Plus will be changing on 22 June and merging with PlayStation Now.

PlayStation Plus Essential

• 1 month @ R119
  • 3 months @ R319
  • 12 months @ R749

PlayStation Plus Extra

• 1 month @ R179
  • 3 months @ R519
  • 12 months @ R1239

PlayStation Plus Deluxe

• 1 month @ R209
  • 3 months @ R609
  • 12 months @ R1429

All the details, perks, and subscription links for South African PlayStationers here:

2 Likes

In a vaguely sneaky stealth mode move, PlayStation Plus annual plans will be getting a significant price increase as soon as next week (6 September). Needless to say, the news hasn’t gone down swimmingly well with PS+ subscribers.

We’ve known for quite some time that Sony, in its current guise, doesn’t care much for its core consumers – but overnight, it proved it. The platform holder nonchalantly announced price hikes to the annual tiers of its various PS Plus subscriptions – and these are significant jumps, not just minor alterations.

Admittedly, it is the first price increase since the PS+ programme started last June. The new annual pricing for the three tiers will be:

PlayStation Plus Essential

• R749 > R949 (R200 / 26,7% increase)
    = R79,08 per month

PlayStation Plus Extra

• R1 239 > R1 609 (R370 / 29,9% increase)
    = R134,08 per month

PlayStation Plus Deluxe

• R1 429 > R1 879 (R450 / 31,5% increase)
    = R156,58 per month

At this point there is no indication that Sony will also be making changes to the 1- and 3-month subscription prices. (See my previous post for those).

I know there are not too many PlayStationers amongst us, but those who are, do any of you subscribe to PS+? Does anyone know if you can extend you subscription now at the current price and have that year added to whatever time you currently still have on your subscription?

3 Likes

You can stack subscriptions, yes.

I’m not sure what I’ll do. In the past few years, I’ve renewed on Black Friday sales. I upgraded to PS+ Extra half way through, so I only paid for the remaining months. I also upgraded to Deluxe for a very small amount during the recent sale.

Come November when my subscription lapses, I will probably go back to Essentials, if at all…

3 Likes