PSA: How to get your Xbox 360 Receiver Working Again after Win 10 2004 update

I’m not sure if there are others who still use an Xbox 360 controller and receiver for their PC Gamepad. But for those who do and have updated Windows 10 to the latest version (2004) you may find your receiver is no longer working. If that is the case then you can find out how to fix it here:

I followed the quide mentioned in the thread and the advice from another poster to update the driver to the latest (updated in 2019) wireless receiver driver to ensure compatibility with Windows 10 games. So once you’ve done the fix in the guide and have restarted, you can then select the Wireless receiver in Device Manager and update the driver - choose from the list (you’ll need to uncheck “show compatible hardware”)

2 Likes

Thanks, I will have to do that then :smiley:

1 Like

Now if only they would fix the Xbox One controller bluetooth connectivity that they fucked, in some god forsaken update, that we probably didn’t need

1 Like

Is there not some elaborate workaround process to follow online somewhere?

I have tried a few, none work, except plugging a cable in :woozy_face:

1 Like

Good job Microsoft. Good job…

Most the calls I get are straight after a major update.

I’ve got a first gen XBone controller, but I can’t use it without a cable anyways, since I didn’t shell out for the adapter. My 360 receiver works just fine on linux :slight_smile:

2 Likes