Psychonauts 2

Time to get psyched!

I know the original wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I really enjoyed the wild and crazy different worlds and the off-beat humour. As the 25 August release approaches (and day one availability on Game Pass!) I thought we could kick off an official thread with the latest tidbits on the game.

“Back in my day sonny we had to put in a cheat code…”

2 Likes

I dunno, I know there’s a big community around this title as with the first. Sadly it’s one game I have absolutely no interest in, same as the first one. Never played them and don’t think I ever will.

Same here. Haven’t played the first one and don’t have the slightest desire to play it or the sequel.

1 Like

That’s fair, but also quite hard for me to believe. I loved the first game and really look forward to the sequel.

That’s what I love about gaming. It has games for every taste and tickles everyone’s fancy somehow!

2 Likes

I really think it boils down to art style or direction. I just look at it and I immediately become disinterested.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it very much. This just reminded me I still need to finish Rhombus of Ruin.

1 Like

Psychonauts 2 is available August 25. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

3 Likes

Metacritic @ 89%

Opencritic @ 89% - Mighty

Gamespot @ 9/10 - Superb

IGN @ 8/10 - Great

gamesradar+ @ 4.5/5

2 Likes

I’m hyped!

3 Likes

Useful for anyone who couldn’t play the previous games, thought I believe this may be included in the game as well.

3 Likes

Wondering if I can claim some of the potential vaccine side effects to get the day off tomorrow. Maybe if I stay up to play at 2:00am I can legitimately claim lethargy…

4 Likes

It’s almost refreshing to see a game that has been anticipated for so long getting such positive reception.

I’m going to jump in right now.

3 Likes

And so, did you? And how was it?

1 Like

I did not… I was a good worker and went to bed. I got about 45min in this afternoon and it starts off really well. Looking forward to playing again soon.

3 Likes

I’ve played a chunk more of the game and it’s absolutely brilliant! I’ve literally laughed out loud a good few times. It’s also not every game that has a character who is a filled urine sample cup… yes that’s right. I’ll try go back and get a screenshot

2 Likes

Woot

4 Likes

I completed the main story last night. I can honestly say that the game lived up to my expectations and more. The sheer creativity of the different worlds in the minds was wonderful to experience. I was also really impressed with the story. It was engaging to the very end.

I haven’t 100%'d it yet but I am keen to explore some more.

3 Likes

So the entire development of this game was recorded over like a 7 year span. And this is the result, a 32 episode docu-series into the lives at Double Fine.

3 Likes