Random News Snippets & Articles

Appropriate:

And also:

2 Likes

Reminds me of this joke:

Imagine our shock when the Almighty announces from the heavens: “It’s pronounced JOD”

3 Likes

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins dead at 50. :cry:

SMH does a decent job of giving details of his passing respectfully without ignoring Hawkins’ long time struggles with addiction.

Not only was he an accomplished drummer, he was also pretty solid on the vocals too. Here’s a clip of he and Dave Grohl swapping roles, with the added bonus of Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones of Led Zepplin fame guesting.

RIP 🪦

2 Likes

Rip that is so sad

Will still be a while before lower prices trickle all the way down here, but it is slowly starting to look better on the GPU stock and price fronts…

1 Like

Or just buy on amazon. It’s still cheaper than local, even with nasty import duties.

2 Likes

Say what now Twitter? NFT profile pics. :roll_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Man, so many withdrawls at the Miami Open.

3 Likes

In total, there has been 15 withdrawals/retirements during the Miami Open.

Something, something, mask mandates, something, something, something, vaccine, Florida, something, conspiracy, something, sheep.

:grinning:

5 Likes

Should be interesting to see what he is going to do. From what I’ve heard, he is quite opposed to the level of censorship that the platforms have been doing.

3 Likes

Just last week he was “giving serious thought” to creating his own social media platform because Twitter “doesn’t allow for free speech”. Now he’s Twitter’s biggest shareholder? Buying Twitter and making it into his ideal social media platform has got to be easier than creating a new one from scratch. Hostile takeover on the cards? Or is he buying up enough of it to (a) stop them competing with the Musk version?; and (b) poach all the clever folk from Twitter for himself and then push Twitter into obscurity while his platform grows?

3 Likes

Ramaphosa lifts South Africa’s state of disaster.

2 Likes

About freaking time.

2 Likes

So what is allowed from midnight that isn’t already allowed?
We’ve been pretty much living in limbo & isolation the last number of months so I’m not really up to date with what has been happening (since it doesn’t really affect us).

4 Likes

For once, News24 actually has a decent article about it: Linkydink

4 Likes

And he is a board member now.

4 Likes

Remedy and Rockstar are going to remake Max Payne and Max Payne 2.

5 Likes

Having only played the 2nd and 3rd Max Payne’s I’d been keen to play this one day.

2 Likes

Add it to the ever growing backlog.

2 Likes