Real Life Hacks & Tips

Pay off your debt quickly. Your future self will thank you. Try not to make debt if you can avoid it. Except if you are buying a house. Then definitely go for it.

5 Likes

If something is “broken”, don’t just throw it away and buy a new one. Try and fix it yourself first, or at least open it up to see how it works and fits together first. I feel it is a useful skill to be able to repair something.

Edit: I see now it is Game Life hacks & tips. Perhaps we should change the title and remove the game part? @bradbear117 what say you?

Agreed, the game one can be made into another thread.

Maybe this will make sense hopefully. We now have Game Life and Real Life Hacks.

2 Likes

Start investing early. Once you form the habit you hopefully won’t spend all your money on toys.

1 Like

If you really don’t need to get yourself tied into a 24-months cellphone contract (paying x amount monthly), then don’t.

4 Likes

When you braai. Tap the meat with the tongs, looks very professional

11 Likes

Depending on the age of your car: start it and let it idle for at least 30 secs to a 1 min.
Cold starts are great for sound, somewhat improving your car’s longevity can be important.

1 Like

I recently discovered you can use your old toilet paper rolls to keep your unused cables neat and tidy. Brilliant!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Does this work for Coke and Monster as well? I’m just curious … :relaxed:

This should be obvious, but when making a purchase that is an upgrade:

Do extensive research and really consider what it is you really want. If you can justify the purchase, then do so.

I say this as a businessman and a consumer, as well as talking from experience.

3 Likes

Well yeah, it acts as an icecube

Vodka doesn’t freeze and It makes for a great ice brick if you bring beer for yourself and mix vodka for your significant other

1 Like

I did that with everything when I was a child. My parents hated it. Cause I obviously broke everything even further.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hmm… I’m guilty of this as well. :smile:

If you wearing a shirt/t-shirt that is not ironed, but time is a factor and you plan to wearing a jacket over it - do so. I have many a time “ironed” my clothing using nothing but my body’s heat to get the creases out.

Works even quicker if you spray a little bit of water on the shirt before wearing it. Your body heat then kind of “steams” the wrinkles out.

2 Likes

Nice one. Good tip.

1 Like