Return of the Obra Dinn

In 1802, the merchant ship Obra Dinn set out from London for the Orient with over 200 tons of trade goods. Six months later it hadn’t met its rendezvous point at the Cape of Good Hope and was declared lost at sea.

Early this morning of October 14th, 1807, the Obra Dinn drifted into port at Falmouth with damaged sails and no visible crew. As insurance investigator for the East India Company’s London Office, dispatch immediately to Falmouth, find means to board the ship, and prepare an assessment of damages.

Return of the Obra Dinn is a first-person mystery adventure based on exploration and logical deduction.

I am massively interested in this game. It looks exactly like something I would love. It’s also rather cheap right now, and have been on many people’s lists for game of the year. This is one of those that may have slipped under the radar, so give it a look if you’re in the mood for some murder mystery gameplay. Also, this game is by the same guy that made Papers Please, so you know there’s quality here.

5 Likes

It seems interestingn enough, but every game I attempt to play gets abandoned in favour of Destiny 2. I seriously think I have an addiction…

1 Like

You are not alone my friend

That actually sounds really interesting.

This was worth the R130 price tag.

I absolutely love it. It has some good challenging puzzles

3 Likes

I am so in love with this game. It’s definitely one that has to go onto people’s to-play lists.

I’ve probably only gotten 6 people right at the moment, and still a lot of investigation needed to piece together this puzzle.

2 Likes