Save three British bands

The battle of the British Bands. You can only save three, which do you choose?

Led Zepplin
Iron Maiden
Dire Straits

4 Likes

Dire Straits, Rolling Stones, Def Leppard

1 Like

Pink Floyd
Zepplin
Maiden

Sorry Beatles :frowning: I tried to save you. I really did

2 Likes

Joy division and new order are the same band, just later version.

My pics:

Dire straits
Jethro Tull
Depeche Mode

2 Likes

Didn’t see them.

Same, maybe I should have.

2 Likes

Especially when you consider most of the other bands listed probably wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for them

2 Likes

Nope. No no no.
Can’t do this.

There are about 20 of the band on my top 10 list here, can’t do it.

4 Likes

You have 20 bands on your top 10 list? :wink:

3 Likes

Easy…

Coldplay
The Beetles
Queen

2 Likes

At least.

2 Likes

Hahaha I should have known :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden

3 Likes
  1. Iron Maiden
  2. Motorhead
  3. Dire Straits
2 Likes

I’m with @Avatar, but if I absolutely have to… I’d go for The Stones, The Police, and Depeche Mode.

Covers most of the era’s from the 1960s through to the 2010s, and the sheer quantity of music they produced should see me through for a good long while. The Stones alone have something like 25 studio albums. And that’s before all the live albums, the compilations, the bootlegs, and the box sets. Mode have 14 studio albums, and absolute hoards of compilations, remixes, and box sets. There’s not so much Police material, but there have been a number of re-releases adding a fair bit of music to the playlist.

Also… I recognise, and have listened to, every one of the bands in the image except one - Belle and Sebastian. Don’t recall ever hearing that name, so will go fall down a musical rabbit hole this evening…

2 Likes

Ive heard their music, Im not a fan, they are good, but weirdly the leadsinger’s voice bugs me

1 Like

I have questions.
Since most of the bands no longer exist anyway, do we save the bands or save their music for posterity? If we save them, does that mean they have a reunion tour and bring out an ill conceived album that flops and spoils all their earlier works of art? So if we choose 3, does that mean the others disappear into the depths of obscurity or seize to exist? This is more pressure than I can handle on a Monday, people.

Floyd, Queen, The Who.

Oh, and the only reason The Who makes the cut is because Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine is not on the list.

Now I dare you to choose 3 from that list as an offering to appease Cthulhu. Which 3 can you live without? And no nominating just because you don’t know them. If you don’t know them, they must survive.

Oasis because, well, if you know them you’ll understand. Total trolls.

Moody Blues because if I step into an elevator and hear “Nights in White Satin” one more time…

The Verve because you’ll always be a 1 hit wonder to me. And you stole the classical sounding part from The Rolling Stones. Naughty, naughty Verve.

(And I’ve already edited my choices twice).

2 Likes

I agree with you on the verve, oasis but belle and Sebastian can go

1 Like

Yup, The Verve is the first to go. Their 1 hit wonder was what… the same 2 or 4 bars repeated ad naseum?

While there is one song I like, Tears for Fears is next.

And while I had friends who liked 'em, Echo & The Bunnymen can join the party.

1 Like

The Verve is triggering, I was working in Langebaan for a place that rented out paddle boats, took people out on a banana and tubing. The boat driver was a brit, who had that freaken CD on repeat ALL SUMMER LONG

2 Likes

Ah, the song from Cruel Intentions? Ya, The Verve can go.

1 Like