Sea of Stars

Following an ad on one of my news feeds, I cam across this gem on Kickstarter [Sea of Stars]. As a fan of the classic, Chrono Trigger, this looks incredible. They’ve really nailed that 90s turn-based RPG feel but seem to have made some clever improvements.

Sea of Stars is a turn-based RPG inspired by the classics. A prequel story set in The Messenger’s universe, it tells the story of two Children of the Solstice who will combine the powers of the sun and moon to perform Eclipse Magic, the only force capable of fending off the monstrous creations of the evil alchemist known as The Fleshmancer.

Promising the Sabotage touch in every system, Sea of Stars aims to modernize the classic RPG in terms of turn-based combat, storytelling, exploration and interactions with the environment, while still offering a hearty slice of nostalgia and good old, simple fun.

Coming to PC and Consoles in 2022.

It’s already backed - with all the stretch goals met, but there’s a few more days left if anyone wants to get in on the pledge action. Otherwise we can eagerly await the final release.

7 Likes

The game released on the 29th to great reviews! It’s available on PS+ as well as Gamepass.
I’m saving it for the weekend, but it looks like everything I wanted it to be!

On a related note, this is the studio who made the wonderful, 2D platformer: The Messenger.
Sea of Stars is a prequel to that, but a JRPG. I cannot recommend The Messenger highly enough. It’s R46 on Steam right now.

4 Likes

Amazing game!

2 Likes

This game looks great. I have fond memories of Chrono Trigger and this evokes that nostalgia. The only thing holding me back from installing and playing right now is the imminent release of Starfield. I won’t have the time to finish a 30 hour JRPG before Bethesda’s new behemoth launches

1 Like

I put in a bit over 3 hours on this last night on stream. I’m really enjoying it so far.

3 Likes

guessing you had no crashes, was this on a console?

2 Likes

My StaRPG of choice is Sea of Stars. :smiley: There are too many games this year.

3 Likes

PS4, thankfully no crashes.

1 Like

Will definitely play both since they’re on Game Pass

1 Like

The game is beautiful and fun! It’s a traditional experience but with some clever, modern improvements. I’m loving it!

4 Likes

maybe its just because I am tired, but this just made me chuckle, I don’t know if its just the way it is worded, but it just makes me smile

4 Likes

haha well it is recognised as a fruit and a vegetable.

2 Likes