Share your PC Builds

10 Likes

Awww, yes! Looking good!

1 Like

Looking very good! So many colours :sparkler: Which game has the honour of being the one you’re going to play to see what it can do?

2 Likes

Will post some rise of tomb raider and 3d mark bench marks later on

3 Likes

First run had an issue with the boost not working.

6 Likes

Shadow of the tomb raider results

Results with everything maxed. DLSS enabled, game crashes with dx12 if its not enabled and normal AA is used for some reason. DX 11 gives lower results.

1 Like

You can happily turn DLSS off and user the new driver enabled sharpening feature. DLSS is entirely useless.

1 Like

My new PC really to be built

11 Likes

Super Flower? Never heard of 'em… Any good?

1 Like

I have been told it is a good quality PSU product. So far had no issues with it but it is way too early to tell. It wasn’t the cheapest PSU but I’d rather get quality than having power issues.

Just need to add more cooling to the system. I did find that the PC ran hot as the room it is in is not that well ventilated. Will get additional fans and perhaps a better CPU cooler next month.

4 Likes

Good PSU is essential. Always laugh at people getting some cheap 1200W PSU for their single 1050ti and bragging about it.

You do not put dirty ass petrol into your car each day when you use it, so why not the same with a PC?

5 Likes

Superflower is the best. Have it in my previous machine and my current.

They’re not a very well known brand here, but seem solid by reputation. In fact, some other retail PSU brands use units manufactured by them, including Rosewill and EVGA. You can check here to see who makes what and who buys from whom.

http://www.orionpsudb.com/platforms

My personal preference has always been for Seasonic and Antec.

2 Likes

NECROOOOOO!

So I recently built a brand new desktop PC and had my first attempt at proper cable management, primarily due to the windowed case.

image image image

7 Likes

What cables? :laughing:

Tiny little upgrade: the only 4080 available in SA, that will fit a Lian Li Dan A4-H20 case. Suffice to say, there isn’t even enough room for my kak ideas, in there now. Took it apart 3 times, to actually fit everything in.

The rest is still the same, so I guess I’ll use the old photos. 5600X, 16Gb Memory, and a lot of NVME storage. Busy grabbing the last of the previous generation of AMD hardware, as prices are much better than current gen, and devoid of exploding-CPU-drama. Mostly gaming build, but obvs, I have linux installed. And obvs, planning on going back to linux for gaming, when I work out the kinks, before Windows 10 EOL’s :headstone:

Last thing that I found that’s changed my everything:

This little KVM switch has been life changing. It’s supports 2 computers with DisplayPort! What this all means is, I can finally have one monitor, and 2 computers plugged in, and switch between then effortlessly.

BUT KELVIN, there’s nothing special about that?. Oh really, but this one has a remote. So I can hide all the spaghetti and meatballs away and have a clean desk.

Oh did i mention it has proper high refresh rate support.

8 Likes

I regularly switch between my laptop and desktop, so I’ve been searching for just this, so why the hell would you not link it up?!

2 Likes

Sorry, i saw a squirrel :chipmunk:

Cable Matters USB 3.0 KVM Switch DisplayPort 1.4 for 2 Computers with 8K@60Hz / 4K@120Hz Display Port Video & 3X 5Gbps USB Ports, FreeSync, G-SYNC and HDR Support https://a.co/d/2qrlFZl

And if your laptop doesn’t have display port, you will need an adapter to go from an HDMI signal to Display Port signal.

FOINNEX HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter, Not Bidirectional HDMI to Display Port, only from HDMI Output to DP Input 4K@60Hz HDMI Male to Display Port Female Converter for Computer, Monitor, PS4, Xbox, NS https://a.co/d/4EjuRoR

4 Likes

You are an officer and gentle… You are an officer, thank you.

2 Likes

That’s all good and well and stuff, but what colour was the squirrel?

2 Likes