Share your PC Builds

Ah awesome combo. Currently eyeing the MSI B350M PRO-VDH as it seems to tick all of the boxes for me, although coming from my black build i’m not sure the dark brown will look as great. My current set is Kingston Hyperx 4x4gb kit (I think they’re at 2666).

A second option could be trade out my kit for a 8gb x2 and then open up my options to boards with only 2 slots.

The B350M boards are a bit limiting though, you have a great CPU and ram in currently. Would be a pitty not to make the most out of it.
If you want to upgrade the mobo and use your current CPU and RAM I would rather consider Z370

That board would be for the Ryzen chip, I didn’t see any significant differences between the b350 and the x370 boards. The only thing I’d currently consider from intel would be the 8700 and a matching board.

1 Like

If you need the straight story on a particular Ryzen board, or any board for that matter, then Buildzoid’s videos are a must.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ

1 Like

After saving for 4 years

My upgrade now Done behold its splendor:

Chassis: Phantek P400s
CPU: Ryzen 2600
CPU Cooler: PH-TC12DX - Phanteks
Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk
Ram: 2x8G 3200 Team Dark Pro
GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC
Hard Drives:
120 SSD
500G SSD
500G HDD

9 Likes

Very nice! I actually love the big bulky air cpu coolers!

1 Like

InWin 303 case
Coolermaster Nepton 120xl cooler
512gb Samsung 960 evo nvme ssd
Asus strix z270e
Intel 7700k,
Msi rtx 2080ti x trio
Evga g2 750w
1 x Seagate baracuda 2tb storage drive
Razer chroma 2 keyboard
Corsair vengeance 16gb 3200mhz ddr4
Acer XG270HU 27 inch 1440p 144hz freesync
3 x Corsair 120mm led fans
Del 24 inch 1080p secondary monitor
Logitech G700s mouse
Reddragon mouse pad

3 Likes

I hope you’ve insure that beast, as it seems hella expensive to replace!

Ok, here goes mine after my December upgrades.

• Intel Core i9 9900K @ 3.6GHz (I think it overclocks to 5GHz)
  • MSI MEG Z390 ACE
  • 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 (not currently in SLI)
  • 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO SSD (Work OS)
  • 240Gb Corsair Neutron SSD (Gaming OS… used to be my work OS before the upgrade)
  • About 12Tb of traditional drive space also in there, but that mostly contains virtual machines, backups, games, etc. The SSDs contain the program files and some documents. Temp files and cache are written to a RAM drive and obviously cleared with each reboot.
  • 32 Gb RAM (I think it is the HyperX DDR4)
  • Microsoft Internet Keyboard (from around 2003 :smile:)
  • 3 x FHD 32" TVs that are used for screens

Most of the high end components are used for work though. It is essentially just the GPUs that were bought specifically for gaming. All the animated colours in my box are unintentional.

4 Likes

I hope THAT beast is ensured. Just the hard drives alone are worth more than my current machine! Why have 2x 1080s if they aren’t in SLI though?

1 Like

Well, it is part of my home contents insurance. I’ve asked them whether I need to specify it and they said no.

I originally bought the two cards to maybe try crypto mining, but if the mining didn’t work out (which of course it didn’t), then I have them to future-proof my gaming PC. At the moment I haven’t really run into issues with any games that a single card couldn’t handle so I’m using the two cards for my multi monitor setup that I’m running. When they run out of juice, I’ll just SLI them.

My broker told me I had to specify mine under all risk :unamused:

For mine I didn’t need to either. At my last home they did actually steal all our pc’s. Insurance paid out for everything, just need to provide them with a quote for a similar replacement system.

I almost think if the value of a single item makes up 15 or 20% of your house contents, then it needs to be specified. I’ll maybe “value” my current setup and send it to my insurance to make sure, but every time in the past that I’ve inquired, they said no. I think if it had been a laptop, the story would have been different due to the higher risk.

Thats probably the case with me

Ok, I talked to my broker today. They say I only need to specify if the item being insured will leave the house (i.e. Laptop, Cellphone, etc.). Everything else is included in the house contents. The only thing was that my accidental damage was limited to R10k which I’ve now increased to R20k, but in all the years I’ve been insured, I’ve never claimed for accidental damage.

Just make sure you have sufficient coverage for household contents. You’d be surprised how quickly the value mounts up once you start factoring in clothes, cutlery, crockery, pots, pans, furniture, etc…

2 Likes

I haven’t specified my PC, not sure if it’s covered. If not, I’ll just say I self-insured it :thinking:

Current build:
MSI X470GPLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB
2 x 8GB 3000mhz DDR4
Antique 500w PSU
120gb SSD
2TB HHD
2TB HHD
500GB HHD
1TB HHD
Logitech K260 keyboard
Logitech G400s mouse
BitFenix Shinobi case
Samsung 24" 1080p monitor

1 Like

3 Likes

Making some upgrades to my build. Should arrive this week.

Cougar Panzer EVO RGB
Kraken x62
Ryzen 3700x
Msi 570x meg ace
Corsair vengeance 32 gb (4x 8gb) led ddr4 3200mhz
Corsair Force MP600 2 TB pcie 4.0 ssd

Case,770k,16gb ram,coolermaster nepton is going to my brother.

Will post pics when its all up and running.

6 Likes