Site and Community launch ideas

When you say transparency you mean publicly visible, right? I think its manageable/possible.

As far as I know, if you do want the company route, once they got rid of CCs the requirements on PTYs with smallanyana income are not strenuous, no need for auditing etc… of course we should hold ourselves to a higher level. And the registration costs are not big either and apparently they’re faster now. Less than R500 last time I looked.

8 months for a NPO registration is outrageous though.

1 Like

Look, I’m all about openness, honesty and transparency. I trust you as much as others among here. Alternatively we do the gentlemen’s agreement thing, enter a joint account (or singal owner) and treat it as a business. Like playing Monopoly.

Of course this is just in reference to the “business aspect” of the whole thing.

1 Like

Yeah it’s become a bit of a dirty word, but the way I see it, regardless of the legal structure we select, it’ll basically run as a non-profit or trust. Every cent donated/raised/earned will go back into the community somehow, whether the overheads you mentioned, gear, giveaways, or maybe even paying folks for contributing their services one day.

1 Like

Sorry, wasn’t trying to enforce my views or opinions on anyone, and whenever speaking, I spoke about the collective. I was in no way or means trying to impose that I (myself) would be the one, or among those, to be part of “the board”.

This is exactly my thoughts on the matter, it should be and stay about the community, for the community. To have it “open source” for lack of a better word. The site as a whole should be driven by the people, for the people that it serves.

1 Like

By the people, for the people, of the people, EAAAAGLLLLEEEEEE!!!

2 Likes

(SIG edit: testing if HTML5 Giphy embeds bypass 3MB limit)

Somebody told me a while back there was still a workaround to get a CC…

ja you should still be able to buy a cc that is already registered but is not being used currently.

1 Like