Skull and Bones

Might as well forget about this game, I don’t see it coming out this year. Even if it did, no chance in hell it’ll be any good.

1 Like

Agreed. When they announced that it was going to have no actual exploration on foot, the community lost most of its interest. Most (including me) was expecting a more online Black Flag. Sadly, we were very disappointed when it wasn’t to be.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Skull and Bones just makes me want to play Sea of Thieves, and that’s still very much the case.

What a sad indictment. The fact that a developer lead presentation leaves such a poor impression is just wow, but I’m not surprised. Sad, but not surprised.

2 Likes

Half a year later and Ubisoft are back to try reignite interest in Skull and Bones. Hopefully the time between the last Closed Beta, the gameplay presentation at the beginning of the year, and now has been used to improve things all round.

The coming Closed Beta for this weekend is the first that won’t be under NDA and participants are being encouraged to share their gameplay freely. That, presumably, suggests that Ubi are a lot more confident and happy with where the games’ development is now.

discover the red isle and the coast of Africa

Located within the Red Isle is the pirate den of Sainte Anne. Ruled by John Scurlock, the local Kingpin you’ll deal with as you start your rise to the top of the pirate world. This den is a safe zone where you can interact with other players, craft your ships, weapons, and equipment with the help of the skilled artisans who have made their home here. You’ll be able to access a warehouse to store your loot, repair your ship, sell the commodities you liberated from rich merchants, and more.

Explore this part of the world as well as the Coast of Africa during the Closed Beta, as you meet the different factions present in-game and face them peacefully or turn against them in-combat.

As you explore, keep a lookout for opportunities to grow your infamy and riches, as well as hidden areas where you can drop your anchor to stock up on ammunition or interact with vendors to fulfil contracts or buy rare items.

Be sure to plot your course wisely though, or you’ll face mutiny from your crew if you try to get out of bounds.

Hello Captains!

The time has come for you to take to the wheel and sail into the perilous waters of Skull and Bones during our Closed Beta on PC (Ubisoft Connect)!

Be prepared to face the dangers hidden among the waves from the 25th to the 28th of August.

Here are some details of this Closed Beta:

closed beta key information:

• Access: Invitation only - see below for more information.
  • Platform: PC (Ubisoft Connect) Only
  • Supported language: English only.
  • Preload: 22nd August, 3am (PT) / 22nd August, 12pm (CEST) / 22nd August 8pm (AET)
  • Start: August 24th, 7pm (PT) / August 25th, 4am (CEST) / August 25th, 12pm (AET)
  • End: August 28th, 12am (PT) / August 28th, 9am (CEST) / August 28th, 5pm (AET)

participants & friend invites:

If you are selected to participate in the Skull and Bones Closed Beta, you’ll receive an invitation from us on your registered Ubisoft Connect email address. Check your spam folder in case the mail is redirected there.

All participants who received an invitation from Ubisoft will also be able to invite up to 2 of their friends to join them in the Closed Beta. Invited friends will need a registered Ubisoft Connect account. Before sending out the invites, do ensure that your invited friend is able to play on PC (Ubisoft Connect) and will meet the required PC specs.

To invite a friend:

• In the confirmation email you received, select Invite My Friends.
  • Select Invite in the Ubisoft Connect friends list, next to your friend’s username.
  • Your friend will receive the invitation to the email address associated with their Ubisoft account.

Pre-loading for the Beta started a couple of hours ago. At the moment I haven’t received an invite to take part in it but my registration is still open (and I did do the NDA-restricted Beta last year) so I’m going to see later again.

2 Likes

Trawling around the Skull and Bones Discord now and the general consensus is that if you haven’t received a Closed Beta invite yet, you won’t be getting one. If anyone in these parts does happen to have registered for it, and has received an invite, and does have a spare Friend Invitation left… :raised_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Might give it a try

1 Like

Was keen until I read that it does not give you the option of being a “good” pirate (hunting other pirates). In essence this is GTA on the high seas. Pass.

Game is live

2 Likes

So my brother and I had our first session today for a few hours, and so far so fun, probably the best moment was when we set out on a quest to fight an enemy that was a bit above our level, when we arrived at the enemy, we started to fight it, we weren’t just instantly killed and we actually fought till the end, it got really fun when other people were able to just join in and help all on their own, all of us actually a lower level than the enemy, almost seamlessly weaving between each other as we fought this medium sized ship, with all our small ships.

Some nice sea-shanties when sailing.
Can definitely do with some QoL improvements, the little mini-game when harvesting crafting materials is a bit unnecessary and could be removed in my opinion. I wish I could manage my ship without actually having to completely dock, i,e I would like to just stay on my ship and manage it, instead of having to go ashore each time and then having to turn back towards my ship to edit it.

Definitely want to play more though, and luckily the beta just started.

3 Likes