Space Punks Official

SPACE, PUNKS! Or SPACEPUNKS! Or SPACE PUNKS!

Its a game. In space. With punks. It seems to play like an action RPG, clothed in Borderlands fashion, and of course loot. And it looks like a great amount of fun!

You can gain access to the early… uhm… access… by buying a founders pack. Either for Swag or a more enticing Splendor!

So far its Epic only, so some will be upset. Boohoo. I just bought the Swag Pack and will be playing tonight. I will let you know later if your Epic reservations have been justified!

@Wyvern seems keen too, so maybe we can hook up… IN SPACE, PUNK!

3 Likes

Release date is the 14th of July? Keen to hear what you guys think once you are playing. If favourable, will probably get it.

2 Likes

I’m grabbing it tonight. I am very keen on this

2 Likes

Yeah, I dont know how to read a calendar…

3 Likes

Probably the stress of the world burning down around me but I caved and bought this. Depending on how big it is when it comes out tomorrow, I will have it and stand ready to, joyously once again, enjoy some MEW company in a game.

2 Likes

Just be warned though, there will be 2 whipes, at least, before release. So like many other early access titles, don’t get too attached to your characters and loot.

1 Like

It seems the game goes live between 2 - 4 our time today

Download has started, yeay! Another 5 or 6 hours and I can play.

1 Like

Ready to go!

3 Likes

My epic store tag is Boerewors01, apparently we will need to invite each other as friends in epic store and then we can party up

2 Likes

Quickly did the first tutorial mission, but cannot get into the second one:

Will try again tonight.

2 Likes

Expected issues, most early access launches always severely underestimate the initial response.

2 Likes

That mission took a long time for me to load but eventually it did “connect”.

I’ve played about an hour and had two crashes. First time the game just hanged. Had to end task. 2nd time crashed to desktop.

DarkStarZA on Epic if someone wants to party.

2 Likes

You can’t solo this game, you have to either 1. be the first in a lobby and spam ready so you get to play solo or 2. wait for them to add an option to opt out of a group.

The reason this is killing me is because every time I have been placed in a lobby with people in it and thus no solo. Why is playing with randoms so horrible in a multiplayer you may ask? Well, I want to explore, get every chest, see every thing. In random groups people kill everything off screen and finish the map while I am still running around and then they end the map and I get yanked out of it.

I hate that, so much. That and in groups my screen judders along, probably because of my 300 ping to the EU server. Would love to play with friends but from experience that does not happen often enough for me to justify waiting around for it to happen.

I am sorry, I am getting a refund. The mods could not promise me a solo mode in the future and said I have to be “lucky” to land in an empty lobby to solo. If a solo mode comes along, I will probably get it again. It is a good game, although the controls are hard to get used to for an ARPG style, but that is not my main concern.

2 Likes

Im gonna be playing in max an hour - I’m WyvernZA

Strange. I’ve done about 6 areas and I’ve always been solo. Even when waiting for the timer to count down all the way.

1 Like

Yeah, I played about an hour and the controls are just not there. I expected an ARPG control scheme, but this is a twin stick shooter. They even suggest you should play with a controller.

It has loads of potential, but not yet for me.

1 Like

yea that is my biggest complaint as well

Sorry for the thread necro, but did anyone else who bough the early access see that the game was cancelled. https://support.playspacepunks.com/hc/en-gb/articles/17494235550737--06-NOV-Servers-shutting-down

I just found this out yesterday.

There would have been automatic refunds, but when I started digging through my emails I found one I must have missed saying my refund was unsuccessful. Probably because the CC used back then has since expired.

Apparently the deadline for refund requests was 2 Jan 2024. I have logged it with Epic Support, but it’s going nowhere slowly.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear about the missing refund - hopefully Epic sort it out for you, although they should have already given you a credit to your EGS account… There’s a note in the FAQ that says:

However, in the event that your previous payment method is no longer valid - or another issue prevents a refund - the funds will be added back to your Epic Game Store wallet instead.

Hope you get sorted.

1 Like