Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker

Haha, true, it’s what we do. I do like the Palpatine speculation; after all, his main obsession his entire life was trying to cheat death. Maybe the old geezer managed it after all.

Darth Plagueis The Wise CONFIRMED!?!?!?!?! :astonished:

R10 says there is already a Youtube video somewhere with that title…

2 Likes

LOL. Same with me. Fortunately there’s a lot of SW stuff happening over the 2nd half of this year which should keep us distracted:

31 May - Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge park opens at Disneyland
29 August - Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge park opens at Disney World Resort
12 November - Season 1 of The Mandalorian series premiers on Disney+
15 November - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order releases
19 December - Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker releases
?? Nov - Jan '20 - Season 7 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars releases on Disney+

2 Likes

:laughing: Hordes of videos. The Snoke = Plagueis theory was very popular before TFA released, ever since we first laid eyes on the guy. Problem with that angle would be, as one comment put it, you don’t want your head honcho bad guy to do the Big Reveal, i.e. “I am so-and-so!”, only for half of your audience to go “Who now?”

Plagueis is very well known to long time fans of the series, and he is mentioned by name in Ep3 when Palpatine has his little chat with Anakin, but there are plenty of moviegoers who are unlikely to have any idea who he is or why his return would be a big deal. Hence, if Snoke is a known character in disguise, they are more likely to go with someone we’ve already seen on screen in a previous movie.

Of course, they could simply stick to TLJ’s version of events and let Snoke stay dead after his imo very unceremonious and utterly pointless killing-off.

1 Like

Anyone seen this yet?

2 Likes

Saw it a few minutes ago. Dark Side Rey???

1 Like

Could be a misdirect. Or maybe she has embraced balance. Who knows?

1 Like

I watched Rise of Skywalker last night on IMAX.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, despite its flaws.

It is very much a JJ Abrams movie:

1 Like

i did not mind it to much was kinda cool and meh at the same time

2 Likes

I have never been a devout Star Wars fan and really enjoyed it. No movie was ever going to please everybody, so I enjoy movies for what they are.

3 Likes