Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order & Survivor

Bloody hell that would be so cool, but alas, I don’t think Respawn is that type of studio. They will most likely stick to action-based games. But what about EA gives Criterion a chance in creating a pod racing game??? Holy hell I would steal money to buy that

4 Likes

Ooo, I see that it is on EA access. Now to wait for a spare R200 odd to blow on a month of the game.

3 Likes

Playing this with EA Access. It’s really good for the most part. Platforming can be a bit annoying but that’s a personal gripe. Combat against Stormtroopers is really good, but the alien wildlife not so much. I’m not a Star Wars fan at all so can’t comment on how well it does in that regard, but as an outsider it’s a fun game. Nice take on the Souls/Sekiro formula with difficulty settings.

2 Likes

When you people say “souls like” what does that mean?

1 Like

It means the game draws heavy from the soulslike genre (Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nioh, The Surge, etc) in terms of game design.

While Star Wars is not one big connected world like most soulslike games the world design still imitates them a lot. Each area has multiple meditation points (“shrines”) and everytime you rest at one all the enemies on that planet (except minibosses and bosses) will respawn. You also find shortcuts that lead you back to previous zones as you explore.

The combat also draws from those games in the sense that you have a light and heavy attack and can dodge or parry enemy attacks. Obviously being a Star Wars game you have force powers as opposed to magic and overall the combat here is a bit more arcadey.

This game does make changes to that formula like having difficulty settings and having a large focus on platforming which soulslike games generally don’t.

2 Likes

I’m keen to play this game eventually, when it gets cheaper, as I see it as a cool adventure climbing tomb raider precise fighting etc game that happens to be Star Wars themed.

2 Likes

So strange… I’ve been contemplating getting this and trying to see what’s happening on what console. As usual, I go to Digital Foundry as a reliable source and, as expected, the base Xbox seems to be the worse off here in terms of performance. Furthermore, what I find more interesting is that Metacritic scores seem to contradict this, as seen below:

What do you make of this, and what console are you playing on?

1 Like

Look at the number of reviews. That probably contributes to the variance in scores.

3 Likes

So, Fallen Order on Epic Game Store:

Thats about R330! Cheap.

Same game on Steam:

And on Origin:

EGS looking pretty good right now!

3 Likes

And if you add the $10 coupon it’s even better!!

That’s just R177 - and you don’t even have to use the Epic Launcher to play it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just bought it. PayPal said R186. Still cheap.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my first EGS purchase. Banking details NOT saved…

2 Likes

That’s how they get you… It’s how Steam got me in the end :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Started playing it about 6 hours ago and only stopped now. Lots of fun, way better than I expected.

5 Likes

Haha I’ve gotten all the EGS free games since the start and have bought a couple of games. Some of their prices are ridiculously good.

Like Control! Crazy crazy.

3 Likes

I pre-ordered Control during the previous sale like this. Was not disappointed at all. I’m thinking of getting this with the coupon as well.

5 Likes

I have to admit I grabbed this from EGS now as well. Also Control. Thinking of grabbing The Division 2 as well, as the Gold Edition will end up costing me only $9.99 with the voucher applied!

3 Likes

I also want to try and get that. I tried with a coupon a month ago and it wouldn’t let me apply the coupon to pre-orders. Will see if these new coupons maybe work. Really looking forward to the new Vampire: The Masquerade game. I hope they do it well.

2 Likes

So I started it today while the little one had a 2.5 hour nap after all the morning’s excitement. What a tremendous game it is! I had just about no expectations for it, but the Tomb Raider / Dark Souls mix with a solid Star Wars story is phenomenal. Sound, graphics and animations are all done sooooo well!

6 Likes

Looking forward to getting it one day.

2 Likes

I just finished the game. I’m really happy I got it, it’s much better than I expected. Definitely a contender for game of the year.

5 Likes