Star Wars: Squadrons

I hope the single player is good. It’s all I really care about. I doubt I would even try multiplayer.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The reviews are looking pretty decent so far. Still thinking about if I want to get it on EGS with the coupon or on Steam, if I get it at all.

Someone stop me if I am wrong here, but since the game releases tomorrow, and the alpha agreement, privacy policy, and User agreement link is down, I guess I can say I was part of the playtest, not a bad game, would not mind playing single player, but I will probably avoid PvP like the plague, just hoped they fixed the movement of the ships, as at the time it felt like I was attempting to fly a brick through thick mud.

2 Likes

Early reviews settling around 80/100:

Opencritic, 19 critics reviewed so far:

Meta critic, 9 critics reviewed at the moment:

The PC Gamer review-in-progress linked above specifically mentions a “great flight model”, and flying in the VR video looks pretty smooth, so hopefully things have improved since your test.

The game is really getting hammered in Steam reviews.

2 Likes

Normally I would give a little more attention to Steam reviews, but when the first two negatives I see are these, I don’t anymore.

Pathetic basement dwelling proud boy incel wankers clearly on a review bombing bandwagon.

1 Like

I see that I ca play 10 hours of the game with the EA Play sub I took for the month. That seems to be enough to play through the campaign - unless the trial is limited in scope.

3 Likes

Were do you see the time limit? I have to pro sub and not seeing anything like that. (busy downloading the game now)

1 Like

Generally the 10 hour first plays have scope limit. Like for example NFS 10 hour trial lets you finish the prologue missions then after you can still drive around and do races untill your 10 hours are up, but you cannot progress the story. I assume this will have the same.
@TechThief a pro sub will probably give you the full game.

Yep, it does restrict you to the tutorial missions in the SP campaign.

So the rest of the time I can mess around in multiplayer.

My thoughts? It’s pretty cool, I’d enjoy playing through the campaign but will probably do so when the game comes to EA Play.

After playing through the prologue and the first mission, can confirm the flying is 1000% better than in the playtest, going to be fun to play some more, needed a nice space combat game again.

2 Likes

I played some multiplayer dogfighting and did the fleet battle tutorial over the weekend. It was a lot of fun. The dogfight match was really close and both factions were tied at 29 kills each with the filthy Imperials narrowly taking the win. I’m keen to try out a fleet battle in MP.

2 Likes

3 Likes