Steam has a new login screen

It’s pretty.

However, as it is obligatory for the Internet to hate change, I hate it.

5 Likes

I will try my best to stay logged in then

3 Likes

Updated the Steam app on mobile as well it seems.

2 Likes

Its been a while since I’ve had to log in. Have they made the text bars longer?

2 Likes

Steambros still fuming about the change from the original olive green colour scheme…

3 Likes

I mean look at that magnificence!

6 Likes

That was clearly before Valve new what Pantone was… or had hired any designers.

3 Likes

I remember that interface. I had those same games with the icons that came with a video card.

I was all like “Why would I want digital versions? Just give me a disc!”. But it they couldn’t do that with Half-Life 2 since it wasn’t released yet.

3 Likes

Oh man, Ricochet! Day of Defeat!

LAN staples.

3 Likes

hahaha didn’t we all.

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie. i installed it temporarily 2 days ago on a work machine to download a game quick and take home (100+ mb vs 10 at home), and i thought I had been duped by a scammer.

Not only because it looked different, but because it WOULDNT LET ME LOGIN. so i’d do my username and password, and then it asks for steamguard auth. so i use my phone.
and then it goes “code expired”. and sends me back to login.

BUT…on my laptop, it then pops up saying “pc xxx is available for streaming” like that pc HAS just logged in…
Did that a few times, each time iwth it saying “code expired”, and then my laptop going "pc not available, pc available’ like its logging off and on again.

i got worried for a little bit that i’d just given my acc over, despite downloading the steamsetup from steampowered.com :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes