Steam Next Fest February 2023

Another Steam Next Fest has rolled in with a host of demo’s to play. If you’ve had a chance to try any of them out post your thoughts here in the thread.

So far I have played the following two games that have left me wanting to play more:

Really awesome concept and it could be a blast to play in co-op.

Though not nearly as complex as Factorio, I enjoyed figuring out the systems at play in this game. You don’t get to the terraforming stage in the demo but it gives you a nice taste of what the game is about.

3 Likes

I downloaded a few demos last night to also make my way through some great indies. There are too many that looks good, though!

First up was:

A simple isometric survival game, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun in the long run, depending on the progression. Also, those alien plants are just annoying!

Tonight I am trying:

1 Like

Voidtrain has been available on Epic Games Store in Early Access since August 2021. I hope they when they release on Steam it’ll be as a finished game. Not sure how much more there is in the EGS Early Access version compared to the Steam Demo version. It has regional pricing and is currently on sale there until next Thursday though - 20% off = R158.24

Voidtrain | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/voidtrain

3 Likes

Ravenbound is a third person action RPG, with a cool upgrade path using Mana to activate upgrades. It seems to be a huge world with lots to do, and the demo gives you 1 hour of play that starts after you complete the tutorial.

It runs on the APEX Engine, the same on that powers theHunter games so it is light on resources yet can handle huge areas. In short, “cool”.

Tonight I will give System Shock Remake a run. I used to love the original, and the pixelated aesthetic gives me the chills :wink:

2 Likes

OK, I played the whole demo of System Shock. It was as good as I recall the original game being. But the high contrast graphics gave me a headache (unless I am just tired…)

Next up is Dawnlands, another open world crafting survival game… I might start to see a pattern form here…

2 Likes