Steam Review 2023

It’s here! What have you been playing on Steam this year?

Resi 4 took me by surprise. I loved the OG but felt a REmake was unnecessary. I still think it was, but it’s also a finely crafted and enjoyable experience. The Ada DLC and Mercenaries Mode added much to my playtime.

Street Fighter 6 was a pleasant surprise. The previous installment did little for me but the rollback netcode and reworking of the combat made for a lovely game. It also helps that there were hype tourneys around launch: CEO, EVO and Kumite which was held here in SA!

Dirt 2.0 is again in my top 3, surely for the last time. You know why it’s here :smiley:

Sea of Stars is a fantastic RPG from the makers of The Messenger. Both games are set in the same universe, and both are absolutely worth playing.

Shadow Gambit is the final game from these devs, and it’s quite the way to end it! I have posted a bit about it here

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Baldur’s Gate is the game I think is the most overrated this year and yet it is my most played game on Steam. Go figure. I am really enjoying my evil playthrough at the moment though.

Cyberpunk was always great to me and the 2.0 (and 2.1) patch just made it SO much better and on top of that we got the excellent Phantom Liberty expansion.

LotF is probably my biggest surprise this year. I knew I was going to like the game but not as much as I ended up loving up. Some of the best art direction and world design ever in a game IMO.

Remnant 2 is the perfect video game sequel. It does everything the first game did better. Absolutely love this games. Got 100% for it on both PS5 and PC and I can’t wait for more content to come to the game.

Midnight Suns was another great suprise. I usually can’t stand card based or tactical games but something about this just clicked for me. Such a great game with an interesting take on tactical combat.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

I didnt have a gaming year at all

1 Like

Dammit Grim Dawn!

Also CoD and F1 was actually my nephew coming to “visit me”
otherwise, bit of a quiet year for me. and somehow I’m waaay ahead of the median on all counts

2 Likes

Am pretty sure a lot of those games played were just me farming trading cards early in the year - the 1200-odd sessions the same.

1 Like

No surprises here!

1 Like

Can definitely see that I idled for cards in April, aside from that it was mostly multiplayer games.

2 Likes

Lol, same thing for me… almost half my “playtime” was card collecting in April.

Going to go run the old Idle Master now and clear up any of random cards I still have so that my stats for next year are a little cleaner.

2 Likes

Good idea

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like