Steam Spring Cleaning Event 2019

Steam is running another Spring Cleaning event which is once again a fun little nod to the growing backlog of games we all have.

DUST OFF THAT LIBRARY OF GAMES AND UNCOVER SOMETHING NEW!

Earn a new badge for your Steam profile by completing a daily task or project below. Daily Tasks update each day, but projects only need to be completed once. Earn five trophies to unlock a unique profile badge. Level it up by completing more tasks and unlocking even more trophies.

There are DAILY TASKS which can be completed every day to earn medals and take them to the next level. And there are PROJECTS which encourage you to revisit your library and earn these trophies through May 28th at 7PM SAST.

SPEED CLEAN
Several games are available to play for free during the whole event! We’ve picked a couple for you to try today. [Games include: Endless Space 2, Grim Dawn, Don’t Starve Together, Dead by Daylight, Black Desert Online, Assettocorsa, Left 4 Dead 2]

SPIN CYCLE
Can’t decide what to play? Let us help you out! We’ll pick some random games in your library that you can play to upgrade your badge.

CLEAR THE BACKLOG
Own a game that you haven’t even played yet? Give it a try and increase your badge’s level.

NOSTALGIA
Play a game you’ve played more than 2 hours of, but haven’t played in a while.

CAN’T WAIT
Play a game you purchased within the last 6 months.

TRUSTED FRIEND
Play a game recommended by a friend.

BLAST FROM THE PAST
Play the first game you added to your Steam account. If you completed this task last year, play the second game on your Steam account.

TAG CONTRIBUTOR
Play a game that uses a tag you’ve applied to another Steam game.

2 Likes

Just saw it. Started running through the tasks just before dinner. Will continue a bit later.

1 Like

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

I love the idea but I’ll stay on the games that I’m currently busy with.

2 Likes

Same here, considering my pc wasnt even on the whole of yesterday, meh I just dont feel like being forced again

1 Like

It would be easier to accomplish if I had a faster line. I’ll just have to stick with whatever I have installed.

2 Likes

Yea that is the problem, I dont want to download something for 5 mins of game play

Just not interested in doing that this year

1 Like

I accidentally missed out on most of the first day. Only got 1 of the daily challenges done, because I started at 19:45. So by the time the games were downloaded for the other dailies, it had already reset to day 2. So I did day 2 and the other badges. So at least they’re done.

I suppose one could use a program like Idle Master to simulate running a game, then you wouldn’t need to worry about downloading.

Meh I missed out on the whole of day one. So I can’t be arsed