Stitcher is stopping operation

Just got this email about stitcher discontinuing service. Not sure if you guys use it. It was always convenient for me to download a podcast to listen to on long trips.

Dear Stitcher Listener,

We have decided to discontinue operation of the Stitcher app and website effective August 29, 2023.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity over the last decade to create the best possible podcast listening experience. The podcast ecosystem would not be where it is today without listeners like you. Please be sure to continue to support all of your favorite shows wherever they can be found.

We realize you may have some questions and, hopefully, the information below will help you understand how this change affects you.

Thank you again for allowing us to be part of your podcast routine. We truly appreciate your support.

• The Stitcher Team

What does this mean for me?

On August 29, 2023, the Stitcher app and web listening experience will be disabled. At that time, you will no longer be able to access your shows, downloads, preferences or listening history. Additionally, the app will no longer be able to be downloaded from the app stores. Most show pages on the stitcher.com website will be redirected to our sister app, Pandora.

Will I be able to transfer my shows and listening history to another app?

Yes. You may export the list of shows you listen to via what’s called an OPML Export. This must be completed before the app shuts down on August 29, 2023. To find export instructions, please see our FAQs here.

For more information, please visit our FAQ page here.

1 Like

If you’re looking for a replacement: I use Pocket Casts. Good syncing between web app and android. I paid for the lifetime sub thing back in 2015, and still use it.

2 Likes