Street Fighter 6 Open Beta Announcement

Just a couple of weeks before its official release date of 2 June, Street Fighter 6 fans will have a chance to put the game through its paces with an Open Beta weekend from 19 - 22 May.

• Open Beta Starts - Friday, May 19, at 07:00 UTC
  • Open Beta Ends - Monday, May 22, at 07:00 UTC

2023-05-19T07:00:00Z2023-05-22T07:00:00Z

The open beta will include cross-play for PS5, Xbox, and Steam players to test their mettle against one another. Also included are the character creator, battle hub, and the same eight fighters that were featured in the games second closed beta held in December.

These fighters include longtime fan favorite Ryu and newcomer Luke, who is featured on the game’s cover art. The eight available characters for the Open Beta are:

• Luke
  • Jamie
  • Chun-Li
  • Juri
  • Kimberly
  • Guile
  • Ryu
  • Ken

The available stages include Metro City Downtown, Genbu Temple, Carrier Byron Taylor, Tian Hong Yuan, Macho Ring, and Training Room.

Also included will be seven game modes:

• Ranked match
  • Casual match
  • Battle Hub match
  • Open tournament
  • Extreme Battle
  • Game Center
  • Training Mode

In order to take part in the Open Beta you will need to Register a Capcom ID and then Connect your ID to your Platform.

And if you do you have to come here and tell us how it went!

Fight!

3 Likes

FINISH HIM!

2 Likes

If you want to get an early look into it, you can try the Street Fighter 6 demo. It’s not online and you can only choose Ryu and Jake. I like the way it feels and look forward to the open beta!

3 Likes

Maybe I’ll check it out, was not a fan of SF5, it felt way slow compared to SF4. And I enjoyed SF4 quite a bit.

Hahaha, well played.

3 Likes

Just a reminder that the beta is this weekend!

2 Likes

Ohhh, I’m enjoying this! It plays so well and the netcode is very good. Had some games against someone from Poland and it felt okay. A bit sticky, but there’s a lot to be excited about here!

2 Likes

It’s reviewing very well!

3 Likes

Red Bull is hosting Kumite 2023 in SA. The tourney is live right now, and there are some HUGE international players competing.

It’s at the University of Pretoria and you can watch the stream here:

3 Likes

I was at the event, and the atmosphere for this fight was unreal! Even if you don’t play FGs, try and give this a watch. It was special.

2 Likes