Superbru 2019

Yeah, I saw that yourself and @Snowbeast scored some excellent F1 points. Me, not so much - too much faith in Ferrari :expressionless:

2 Likes

Well hey, I picked Ferrari to finish 1 and 3 based on testing pace and previous yearā€™s resultsā€¦ Was thinking they would be faster in race trim and that the Merc might eat its tyres. Turns out we were all wrong. I did get EBP, pole, and fastest lap though, which helped.

2 Likes

I made up in the midfield and Hulk is always a certain 7th. Went with my heart and not head on Danny Ric though.

2 Likes

We should have known his bogey race would strike again. :grinning: Unfortunately, predicting retirements is not something anyone knows how to do.

1 Like

Man, I had such a great Superbru year last year. But this year its been a shambles.

I actually picked the Blues and then changed my pick to the Highlanders this morning. Just canā€™t win.

2 Likes

ja hey, the easy picks have not been easy at all!

1 Like

What a crap Super Rugby weekend on Superbru!

Not a single Grand Slam Point anywhere to be found. 2 Upsets, 2 Major Upsets and my decision to play it safe this week backfired. Badly. Most irritated by the Bulls - not only were they beaten unexpectedly, they lost by a whopping 36 points??!

• Upset: 20% of players picked Blues to win
  • Highly predictable: 83% of players picked Hurricanes to win
  • Major upset: 2% of players picked Waratahs to win
  • Highly predictable: 88% of players picked Emirates Lions to win
  • Major upset: 7% of players picked Chiefs to win
  • Fairly predictable: 69% of players picked Cell C Sharks to win
  • Upset: 25% of players picked Reds to win

Somehow still managed to beat the Average Outcomes by 0.05 :slight_smile:

Urgh, I am with you there! Another shocker for me too, but not necessarily my fault :wink:

Iā€™m not very good at this either. Apparently youā€™re not supposed to pick your favourite to win no matter what.

2 Likes

So in light of the ups and downs of the past couple of weekends, ive decided to

and just picked everything without looking at past results and player performance etc.

5 Likes

The hot one week, cold the next thing is irritating AF. The Hurricanes have been W-W-D-W and then lose by 24 points this morning. Sure the Crusaders were marginal favourites to win, but still 24 points, at home??

2 Likes

i know, i at least got the win point for this gameā€¦ and then there is the sunwolves game now as wellā€¦

3 Likes

So the Waratahs destroy the Crusaders and then they lose to the Sunwolves at home.

Itā€™s impossible to predict.

4 Likes

This season is seriously confusing!!!

2 Likes

I bring shame to the noble House of Reddā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

lol i got 2/6ā€¦ this was a terrible round!!!

2 Likes

I got 3/6 at least, which is hardly impressive but still better than the community averegeā€¦ What a lottery this has turned out to be.

1 Like

Haha! Suck it @GregRedd!

Just kidding! Flip, I was supposed to have this grand Superbru comeback after years of not playingā€¦ And it brought me back down to earth very quickly. Now I just want to dig a hole and crawl into it!

2 Likes

Good luck everyone! I am hoping for a far more successful round this weekend. I put like a whole 5 minutes into my picks and that level of effort will surely pay off!

1 Like

After over analyzing and failing totally the past few weeks, Iā€™ve simplified my pick strategy this week: Home team to win by 7 across the board.

5 Likes