Superbru 2019

Very bold strategy indeed!

my strategy today was “who has historically been the more consistent team”. im hoping for consistency. my biggest worry game is the bulls vs the jaguares… i will ponder on it more as i feel like it might be a drawn game…

2 Likes

Picking a draw takes major cahunas. You should totally do it.

2 Likes

i know right, but there have been quite a few drawn games in this tournament.

There’s only been one actual draw so far this year. The Saders vs Landers game was called off.

i really thought there has been more…

A better round for me. I bet against the Sharks, which means I always win. I am happy if they win, and I am happy if the Lions give me SB points. Apparently most other people also thought the Sharks would buckle and then surprised us all.

And then the Bulls lose against the Jaguares at Loftus :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I’m doing super poorly in Predictor but very well in Fantasy. So I’m happy about that.

2 Likes

I got 4 out of 7 correct.

3 Likes

i did sooo much better than last week:

2 Likes

My experiment actually went better than I expected, and gave me my best week in a while:
If only the stupid Bulls and the even worse Lions hadn’t cocked things up, I would have been smiling.

2 Likes

i thought the bulls game would be a draw… even got some points for picking a draw!

1 Like

I don’t know anyone that would pick a draw.

3 Likes

Hanging my head in shame… :disappointed:

1 Like

I had the same results.

4/6 for me. I picked all home games. Most of them seemed pretty straightforward, but then the Sharks managed to lose every bit of skill they showed last week, and the Stormers suddenly remembered how to play.

I’m starting to develop a theory about SA rugby: There is a finite amount of intangible skill / talent / x-factor available which is shared across all the SA teams on game day. On some days, it is distributed evenly, and as a result all our sides have mediocre games on the day. On other days, it all jumps to one team and deserts the others, which guarantees that one team a spectacular game while the others lose like amateurs. I can think of no other explanation for these seemingly random swings in execution of even the most basic skills from one week to the next.

My theory is somewhat related to the law of Conservation of Ninjutsu:

What do you think? Plausible?

2 Likes

Ha ha! Loser! :slight_smile: I cracked the 2 marginals, and only lost win points on the 2 upsets. Has there been a weekend yet this season without at least 1 upset? And they’re not even close games - the underdogs are winning by 20-30 points. Such a weird season.

3 Likes

ja hey im with you, got the same games wrong… its such a roller coaster ride every weekend

1 Like

Hahaha! Touchè! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well then I’m feeling better about my round after seeing everyone else’s

2 Likes

is it just me or is this weekends lineup crazy… there are so many games that can go either way…

2 Likes