Supraland

A mix between Portal, Zelda and Metroid. Explore, find secret upgrades, solve puzzles, beat up monsters, find new abilities that help you reach new places.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/supraland/
1 Like

The game actually sounds quite interesting. One of the things that sounds really refreshing is that the game leaves you alone and doesn’t try to force you down a ‘corridor’.

The metroidvania aspects are what appeal to me. I’ve had my fill of puzzle games in recent years, but exploration and leveling and ability unlocks in a connected world never get old to me.

Monday was a real “pyjama” daya with it raining most of the day so I spent most of the day playing this game and it certainly kept me entertained for hours. Some of the puzzles require a fair amount of lateral thinking but they never get so hard that you get stuck on one for ages. It definitely nails that Portal feel with the puzzles where you feel really smart for figuring it out.

One thing I did have was some performance issues that I managed to put down to the Shadows setting in the game. Anything above Low would result in 99% GPU usage and a sharp reduction in FPS when you equip the gun. When you have your sword out there’s not problem. My GPU more than meets the requirements too. So I hopped on the games discord channel and posted the performance bug and actually had the developer of the game replying to me later on. He’ll be looking at making some optimisations to resolve the issue, so that was pretty cool!

I’m so glad to see that Supraland is doing really well. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, a definite surprise hit for 2019. The game deserves the praise that it is getting, it is a cleverly and well-crafted game. Excited to see what David Münnich can achieve with a bigger budget for the sequel.