Syrup, do you have a favourite?

We have a bit of a debate going on at home about which is the best. Over the past few days, we’ve had an assortment of foods or treats that have involved some form of syrups and thus caused an indecision. So I come to you to help me resolve this and lets see if the wider group aligns with me :slight_smile:

insert selection below
  • Traditional is da best’n’all
  • Golden for teh win
  • *Maple is the only syrup eh
  • Caramel

0 voters

*I think I already know which way a certain Canadian would go.

2 Likes

Of course you called it…

But, the one on the left of the picture is not maple.

Does anyone know where I can get corn syrup or glucose syrup? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thought about including those but I too have no idea, don’t think I’ve ever actually seen it.

I would love to taste actual maple syrup.

Otherwise I don’t have a favourite. It’s not something that we have in the house. In fact I can’t remember the last time I had syrup. It may be over 20 years ago. Now I feel old.

2 Likes

Maybe @murfle can weigh in here, but i’ve seen this in Checkers.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hmmm I would love to try that sometime. I saw a bottle at Spar the other day for a ridiculous price.

Even R100 seems a bit much for syrup but thanks, may just give it a try.

2 Likes

It does yeah, but considering you don’t have it often it will last you long. That one is double the standard price of Illovo variant.

3 Likes

If it canadian approval I will buy it

It will last me ages! But I WANT it

2 Likes

R99 for 250ml is quite expensive. I see 500ml of my preferred brand is still around $10 CAD (about R120), which is what I used to pay a decade and a half ago.

This was my go-to

Grade A sounds good to me though. They also have some pure maple at woolies, but I think it’s closer to R140.

Thanks @Wyvern! Bookmarked that site :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, my parents brought me one of these last time they came as well

3 Likes

Sadly that is the cheapest I have seen here

1 Like

Ya, same. I’d say go for it. Cheapest I’ve seen too.

2 Likes

https://www.takealot.com/now-foods-maple-syrup-organic-grade-a-dark-colour-32-oz/PLID71382081

Wanna share ?

1 Like

Eeeek

3 Likes

I’ll probably eat anything, but I really hate when it comes in a can, those things can get so gross.

4 Likes

I personally love the Lyle’s brand, but I do agree with you, that tin can go miff over time. Thankfully we go through so much it doesn’t get a chance to.

1 Like