Tech Support Hotline

Got a new CPU from wootware: Ryzen 5 5600x, installed it into my Asus x470 gaming Pro and nothing worked. Updated the BIOS, still nothing ;-( Put my old ryzen 5 1600 back and opened a ticket with wootware.

Let’s see where this goes. I will happily courier it back to them for either a refund or a lower spec CPU that might work better in my mobo, even though my mobo is rated for the R5 5600x

2 Likes

Could not find “gaming Pro” version of your motherboard, but I checked on PC part picker and see that as long as the BIOS is updated the CPU should have worked (if the one I have here is your motherboard of course)

Of course since you already updated the BIOS and it still did not work, definitely find out from wootware what could be up.

2 Likes

That’s rough. Always kak when excitement turns to frustration and disappointment. And concerning. I’ve started thinking about doing a CPU upgrade as well, and recently updated BIOS and checked compatibility on my board which is a step down from yours - an ASUS 370x pro. If the 5600x doesn’t work on yours it ain’t going to work on mine. :neutral_face:

Hope it gets sorted for you sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Wootware will swop out if I am not mistaken, they have awesome after sales service

4 Likes

Probably nothing wrong with it.

If you didn’t update your bios to a version that can handle a 5600X, that might be why it’s “dead”.

1 Like

So update BIOS before installing the new CPU? Why would it make it a difference that @Shrike installed first, and then updated BIOS? Surely on restarting the new BIOS version should kick in and recognise the CPU?

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t see that he did update it :man_facepalming: Ok, let me do a 180 donut. Probably DOA CPU then.

2 Likes

A 180 donut? Is that like eating half your words while revolving back to your original opinion?

3 Likes

You know it’s ok for people to make mistakes and acknowledge it hey :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Not if you’re the ANC

2 Likes

This might be a silly question but is it possible to slow down your CPU fan?

1 Like

Yes, its RPM adjusts according to your CPU heat/usage. You can set a fan curve in BIOS or your mobo’s overclocking software. I wouldn’t recommend turning down your fan speed unless you can afford an increase in temp on your CPU

1 Like

Whats a good CPU temp to target? Got these currently.

1 Like

that is perfectly normal on idle. When gaming try not to go over 80°, most CPUs I have encountered usually warn you and blue screen at around 90°. Personally my CPU is usually around 60 - 70° when gaming, with my gpu at 65°

2 Likes

Just an update, the CPU I got sent by wootware was a dud, they confirmed it and they are shipping me a replacement. Great service from them, they paid for the collection and re-delivery

7 Likes

There is a reason I like them

Ya Wootware is awesome with their service.

2 Likes

So turns out there is a common issue/problem with many Xiaomi branded phones, specifically the Redmi and POCO series. The other day I decided to restart my phone (POCO M3) and that was it, DEAD. Upon further investigation, it seems the issue is widespread with many users, whereby the firmware just seems to go pear-shape. Upon restarting, the phone “crashes” and doesn’t recover and you’re left with a blank screen whereby the phone doesn’t switch on. Almost appears to be bricked.

The only solution I have come across which seems to be the best option is to let the battery drain and then try switching it on again. Problem is, who knows how long that will take or when it is. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

New phone and this issue seems to persist with the WiFi.

I generally leave my phone lying flat on my desk and have noticed that when I pick it up it is in a “no internet access” state, but after being vertical for a little it comes right. Not to mention the AP is only a few meters away.

After being picked up and running a network test.

2 Likes

Same model as the old phone?

Otherwise if the phone is completely different then it points to an issue with the Wifi config maybe?

1 Like