Terra Nil — the new game by the developers of Broforce

South African game development studio Free Lives has announced that it will be developing its wasteland reconstruction prototype, Terra Nil, into a fully-fledged commercial game release.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/terra-nil-the-new-game-by-the-developers-of-broforce/
4 Likes

I’ve been playing Terra Nil since its last big update came out and it’s a beautiful little game.

The pixel graphics suit the game very well, but I’m curious to see what a switch to a Princess Mononoke / Studio Ghibli art style would look like.

1 Like

Reclaim the Wasteland!

Out now on Steam and Epic for R230:

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/terra-nil-508d16

It’s also for sale on GOG, but with no regional pricing the $25 (+R450) price tag there is way too rich for us. For completeness though:

A Demo is also still available on Steam if you never got a chance to try the game previously.

Remember as well that a mobile-ready version of Terra Nil will also be available on Netflix Games to all subscribers. Netflix mobile devices should show the game in the dedicated Games carousel or find it by searching its title. (It wasn’t there when I checked earlier today, presumably waiting for someone in Netflix Games in the US to push a button.)

As an added incentive to buying a copy of the game specifically through Steam, Free Lives have pledged to donate a portion of the profits from Steam sales to the Endangered Wildlife Trust.

With Terra Nil, we’ve always wanted to put the environment in the spotlight. So that this game has a real world impact, we will be donating 8% of our profits from Steam sales to the Endangered Wildlife Trust.

3 Likes

In addition, Free Lives and Devolver Digital are giving away an amazing wooden PC!

It ain’t no slouch of a PC either:

• CPU: Intel i7 13700K
  • Motherboard: MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk
  • GPU: MSI RTX3080 Suprim X
  • Memory: G.Skil Tridenz Z 32GB
  • Storage: 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2
  • PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold

Enter the competition here: Terra Nil | Custom PC Giveaway. Nothing more complicated than following some social media accounts and sharing some posts.

Competition winner is being drawn on 6 April, so get your entries in before then!

3 Likes

Oh nice!

Quite a beast of a PC that, not very eco… but that won’t stop me from entering :grin:

3 Likes

Netflix Games now lists it. Installed and unlocked through Netflix App > App Store with no issues.

3 Likes