The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Found a spot of sunshine. Hotter than expected, awesome feeling.

3 Likes

Good gravy it’s hot. When is the rain coming again?

2 Likes

I’m told amagwijo is part of Xhosa culture. It is indeed beautiful. “Absolutely beautiful,” as you so perfectly put it.

1 Like

Apologies, I assumed it was Zulu based on the attire, specifically the headbands. I wasn’t aware Xhosa wore those. I find it quite hard to discern between the two, apparently they’re quite close in some pronounciation. It has also made living in CT more challenging where there is more Xhosa spoken.

2 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Bonan matenon! Por la lasta fojo en 2020, jen via tutmonda saluto! Ĝi estis jaro kiel neniu alia. Mia deziro de Nova Jaro estas, ke vi kaj viaj familioj estu sekuraj kaj sanaj, kaj ke 2021 revivigu la vivon al normalo. Feliĉan Novjaron amikoj!

:earth_africa:
:information_source:

2 Likes

Thanks, Mr Redd! To you and your family too :smile:

1 Like

One thing I dont get. Yea today marks the end of 2020, Yes its been a hard year but tomorrow the world does not just restart, 2021 will be just as hard and challenging.

I see so many people so pissed off about the alcohol ban but then I think to myself, Dam do people really enjoy getting up on the new year with a week-long hangover. I for one hope that 2021 will be a great year Yes the uncle Covid is still here but we cant let that stop us.

GG NO RE 2020

GL HF 2021

7 Likes

I agree @z1oc. Too many people have a midnight miracle mindset - new year and magically everything is better? Yeah, bollocks.

I’m a hugely optimistic person (at least I try to be) but even I think much of the first half of 2021 is going to be a case of “same shit, different year”.

Still, going to stick with the positive approach and outlook. Shit is going to happen whether we like it or not, so we may as well be happy as the world implodes around us :grin:

5 Likes

So after 10 days isolation, i am officially negative. Having a lan at another friend who tested negative tonight for newyears :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Did you ever have any symptoms?

3 Likes

nope but my mom is positive and we live in the same house and ive been her caretaker

4 Likes

Yea just need to be positive glad im not the only one

3 Likes

New years Lan woah

2 Likes

yeah, best way to start the new year, with games

4 Likes

What you going to play? :video_game:
And are you going to be streaming it? :desktop_computer:

2 Likes

I read this in the context of testing positive for COVID-19, due to it being just after @Donisia’s posts. :smiley:

3 Likes

probably resident evil resistance, garrys mod, the usual lan games

4 Likes

The whole new year thing is a prime example of how we as humans create our own realities. These are just numbers to which we assign meaning, the meaning changes how we feel and in turn changes how we see one day different from another.

4 Likes

Good day everyone,

I love the fact that most of you feel the same way about new years. I haven’t bothered to celebrate it since I think the last one was when @DieGrootHammer was still in the Cape.

I love that the curfew is giving me the excuse to just say no to going to someones house for a party.

I shall stay home, make a risotto for dinner and play cyber till 3am

4 Likes